• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French rifles

Clark

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2003
WA the everblue state
I got a WWII MAS36 bolt action rifle for $60 10 years ago at BIG5 in unfired unissued condition.

I have not fired it, so it will stay in correct historical condition.

But a friend of mine has not been so careful. He shot his and painted it.

MASManIVsmall.jpg

Re: French rifles

If the gun can fireit is worth moreto collectors. As far as the paint though.. Who knows, maybe he doesn't want to ever sell it. May as well make it your own i guess..

I have one of those as well. I think i gave $125 for it in like new condition. I fired it 7 times as that was all the ammo the gun shop bad for it. I hope i did not hurt the value too much by shooting it. Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of those as well. I think i gave $125 for it in like new condition. I fired it 7 times as that was all the ammo the gun shop bad for it. I hope i did not hurt the value too much by shooting it. Lol</div></div>

That just makes it more rare. Priceless if it was done in wartime.

I was given one years ago that was pretty rough. I got bored and wanted a project. Now it has a cut down 1919 Browning machine gun barrel and feeds from Mas49/56 10 round mags. Ugly as Hell but neat.

Had one, purchased it still in the mummy wrap; shot it, the heavy trigger pull, negates the absence of a safety. I reloaded for it trying to optimize its accuracy. Gave the rifle to a friend who wanted it more than I did.
The MAS 36 receiver is currently used in the current sniper rifle FRF2 and previous FRF1

FRF2_lunette_Schrome.jpg

Had one, purchased it still in the mummy wrap; shot it, the heavy trigger pull, negates the absence of a safety. I reloaded for it trying to optimize its accuracy. Gave the rifle to a friend who wanted it more than I did.
The MAS 36 receiver is currently used in the current sniper rifle FRF2 and previous FRF1

FRF2_lunette_Schrome.jpg
You are wrong the mas 36 receiver is far different from frf1 and frf2
Completly different frf1 an f2 are sniper built specific.
A lot of people tend to sell their customised mas 36 as FR
only 2500 max F1 and under 100 F2 in the world nowadays

On the pic mas 36 on top and FR receiver under to identify the dif between them...

Attachments

• 0710170744221412117.jpg
    0710170744221412117.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: