• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fresh from Birdsong

cgriff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Mississippi
I just picked my rifle up from Birdsong. I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out. Tan-T with Black-T trim. I'm debating on trying out my krylon skills on the stock.

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Here's the 1911 I had done to match.

IMG_1398-1.jpg

Re: Fresh from Birdsong

WOW nice man. Love the combo. Who did your threading?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW nice man. Love the combo. Who did your threading?</div></div>

Mark at Short Action Customs. He did a great job and turnaround was fast.

Birdsong does an awesome job. They did a .308 in all OD years back for me and it still turn heads!

Very nice!!

Im getting them to finish my Savage 300wm soon.

Where you at in MS?

Very nice! I've been thinking of having me Savage project coated in Tan-T. What was the wait time if you don't mind me asking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NonnieSelman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!!

Im getting them to finish my Savage 300wm soon.

Where you at in MS?</div></div>

Seminary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qld4390</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! I've been thinking of having me Savage project coated in Tan-T. What was the wait time if you don't mind me asking?</div></div>

They originally told me 3-6 weeks. The 1911 took 6 weeks and the rifle was about 8 weeks. If they get any kind of gov contract work in, everything else gets put on hold and they had about 80 FBI 1911s there when I picked up my rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have tryed looking around for his website, cannot find it?(Birdsong)</div></div>

www.black-t.com

Thats a beautiful rifle, I am starting to like the Birdsong finish more and more. What kind of ideas do you have for Krylon?

Took her out today for a little range report and test some hand loads. I fired 20 rounds and all were under 1 MOA. Best group was around .4 and the average was around .6-.7. I'm very happy with the results.

I'm going to try my hand at bedding the action when I have a little time using Roscoes instructions that he posted on here.

A big thanks to Mark at SAC, Keith at AZ Precision and Jeff at CDI for all the help and fine work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a beautiful rifle, I am starting to like the Birdsong finish more and more. What kind of ideas do you have for Krylon?</div></div>

Not sure about the Krylon yet. I'd love to get the stock done up in multicam but there's nobody around here that does it and it'll be a while before I'm ready to send any parts of this rifle off again. I just want to shoot it now.