• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Friction/tape for my scope fwd of the turrets?

Trek

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2019
Canton Michigan
I RO’d my first experience at a PRS event this weekend and noticed a number shooters placed “tape” wraps on their scope bodies. I assume for grip or for protection (one pro even had a small neoprene “ring/cozie” on his). 1) what tape are you using? and, 2) would you use a 2” sun shield to provide a little protection (I saw a number of competitors ram the rifle forward into the supports and get caught up on the scope Bell (ouch). Thanks!

most guys use vet tape. mainly to protect their high dollar scopes against scratches and stuff.

the guys i've seen using cozie's as sunshades do it because their scope didn't come with a sunshade and it's also kind of funny and works.

I use one on my razor, and it serves to protect/offer a cushioned grip. Hard on hard prevention. I also tape scope for grip.

Perfect... thanks for the response... hindsight suggests I should have taped the scope before it was mounted LOL... appreciate the help!

It's called "camo-form". Unless you want pink or something, then buy it from your vet.

I use it to look super cool and so my scope is not scratched to shit when I sell it in a couple months because some newer faster scope just came out. (true story)