• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Friday fun

Awesymoto

Awesymoto outdoors
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Eye da hoe
sites.google.com
It’s Friday, time to crack off the last 6 rounds of 300PRC remaining in my reloading ammo box.

Rifle is fouled and zeroed from a few days ago, and the morning was a perfect 40 degrees F, no wind…. I love these mornings because I can reduce some variables to me and my gear. Every now and again I go out without a warmup (zero) at 100 to test the whole package, as it would be hunting.

I’ve been really focusing on my prone position lately, specifically use of a rear bag. To refine my rear bag use, I have been shooting recently without one, I found several NPA errors I was making that were masked by the rear bag. Well I walked out to where I could have a clear view of the target, about 812 yards dropped to prone with no bag/ no rear support hand and let 3 rip, I watched all 3 impact with a smile on my face.
C8F64B72-16B6-4749-8749-F3BA62D5DFE0.jpeg
812y prone

What to do with the next 3 rounds? Sitting at 600 *ish* of course! Recently I’ve been trying to make more with less. I’ve been playing around with using a traditional rear bag in lieu of a game changer etc on tripod head. I’ve been able to hold about 1 MOA groups at 600 ish but that was with no time constraints, taking my sweet time.

I took a video just to see myself, because I usually go out solo.
Have a great weekend all, even if my group at 600 wasn’t great, I still drove home smiling, what a great morning, and now I have a new skill set to hone.