• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Friends' question

JeffP40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Helena,Mt.
I have a friend who travels a bit for work. He is in the market for long range optics. Not much of a shooter, but wants to build a decent rifle to reach out there. He has an older 264 which he wants to rebarrel, and is looking at optics choices. He recently saw a NF on consignment at a small shop and was inquiring about it to me the other day. I believe he said it was a 5.5-22. I'm not familiar with NF, don't know which model, but he said online price was about $1800. Of course, he asked about the Huskemaw, and I told him I didn't know who makes it for them, and I doubt the optics are quite up to the price, but I would inquire here for info on a comparison of the two. (I'm thinking there is really no comparison
smile.gif
) He said the NF was priced at $1300, and I'm thinking that should be almost a no-brainer. What say you, first on the price of the NF, l and then any info on the Huskemaw? Thanks, Jeff.

Re: Friends' question

My suggestions: Check out Euro Optics (site sponser) or Bear Basin Outfitters for pricing. It depends on the model options for the ultimate price. MRAD, MOA, Zero Stop, etc. on the 5.5-22 can make the price different.

Noone wants to give any info on the Husky? I am curious as to it's "real world" equivilents and who makes it.

I had a huskemaw scope on a 7stw before I sold the rifle w/ scope.
I thought the Huskemaw scope was a great scope, tracked perfectly the whole time I owned it. And the ballistic turret was a great feature for me on my hunting rifle.
Since that time,they have had a price increase, which puts them in the ballpark of better scopes for not that much more money.

I'm surprised they make their own. I'm not surprised they are priced above their quality. I would be interested to see what their Leupold or Nikon equivalent would be. Thanks for the info.