• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Friends" wanting to buy ammo

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
How many of you have been approched by "Friends" or "Family" wanting to buy some ammo and or guns? You know the type, the same ones you were telling a year or 2 ago to buy what they needed then and they gave you the Silly Sally, it won't get that bad shit and are now on the outside looking in?

I didn't listen to AJ much so I have nothing to help them out with but I am also not ammo broke, but I am "Woke."

It certainly does make you wonder who your friends are when they thought you were such a fool back then.

I don't even think of the guys and gals I shoot with nor group them in with the question above as I know they have enough but I do some trading with them. I always let them know I will fuck them out of something else I need down the road and let it go at that/And we all keep shooting, just use fewer rounds.

How is it going for you?

early last year when all this shit kicked off, one of my wifes coworkers wanted to buy a gun...i sold them one of my old training G17s with an obscenely high round count for $550...i was happy, they were happy...

would i part with ammo?.....hahahaha hell no.....

People ask...if they are good friends I'll give them a few rounds, but I'd do that panic or not. And because they are good friends they would and have done the same when I'm in need.

People who just happen to know me and that I'm a gun guy cannot buy my stock market purchases at last year's prices, nor buy my house for what I paid for it. Welcome to the real world, investments are risky, I took the risk I get to reap the rewards..

FIL had me build him a cheapo PSA AR like 2-3 years ago. Never bought a single round of ammo for it. Before the election he begged me to sell him a couple hundred rounds of 223 so I ended up selling him some for cheap. Really didn’t want to

ive had a couple others ask but Wanted to pay pre panic prices.

buddy bought his first 9mm handgun so I did give him a box of 9mm fmj

sold a couple hundred rounds of misc 223/556 that was different than my main stock pile for a dollar a pop.

Yes, especially the one that are more on the liberal side of things that are now trying to buy a gun and some ammo.

One guy I work with recently went out and bought a Ruger Precision in 6.5CM, a Browning Highpower and an AR. He came to me wanting to buy ammo because he can't find any. I told him Gun Broker is loaded with ammo, put on your big boy pants and buy some. He said he doesn't to pay current prices, I said well you are in the current market but you can wait a year or two for things to calm down and hope the prices come down.

The other ones I am really amused by say, "When the shit hits the fan I am coming to your house." I tell them "No problem, your carcasses will make great scare crows to keep others away."

I get asked frequently. I politely tell them that I prepared for this situation, and that I have a use for everything I stocked up on. I have maybe two close friends that I would sell ammo to if they got in a pinch (weather disaster/fire etc...).

I get asked even more to take people hog hunting at night with me. They only want to use my limited gear, ammo, gas, and personal contacts that I've made with various landowners (along with the fact that I'm liable for their actions on someone else's property). They offer the privilege of their company as an exchange for this. This actually pisses me off, and kind of separates my true friend ls from the assholes in my mind.

The other ones I am really amused by say, "When the shit hits the fan I am coming to your house." I tell them "No problem, your carcasses will make great scare crows to keep others away."

I get this as l frigging lot too. I just tell them that I'm going to be the old couple off of 'The Book of Eli'.

Even if I know you and consider you a friend I will not give or sell you a gun or ammo. If you are a friend I have been preaching for a while about buying things like this. If you are not smart enough to see the signs or listen then you are not smart enough to know what to do with the hardware.

Where I live we had some serious fires a few years back. We were under mandatory evacuation orders. The streets were so packed with cars it took me 45 minutes to go 2 miles. While sitting in traffic I realized that when the shit hits the fan all the people on their way to my house will die in traffic.

The few Ide give ammo to don't need it because they are not idiots. These people who want to have fun shooting your ammo now, what's their plan for the next 4 years? Should anyone approach me with such a dumb request I plan to suggest they take up golf.

I'm about ready to unload a bunch of 22lr I've been sitting on too long. Bulk packs of federal/win/aguila that I really don't want or haven't proven to be very accurate. Family/friends will get first dibs before releasing any to the public at obscene prices. Might sell some of the wolf steel and blazer aluminum 9mm too. Currently in negotiations, trading a couple junk bolt actions for a decent used SUV.

Shockingly, it’s just now eye opening for most people around me. Almost everyone has a few guns and unfortunately a few boxes of ammo, mostly for hunting. When the time came to buy their yearly box of ammo, there was none. Yes, I have been asked about it but my answer is always “not in that caliber.”
I do have 3k 12 gauge slugs laying around that I am seriously debating letting someone else hold from the prices that I am seeing lol

Reactions: Ravenworks
Well I've been preparing for this shit my whole adult life, I've bought things I have no use for to resale. So now when people( and I say people because friends are few and far between ) ask me for something ie small pistol primers, or ammo I have no problem selling them for more then current market prices! Family is a different story but all of them listened when I told them this would happen!

Ive had a couple "friends" that bought guns this year (which did include their adult kids) and hit me up asking if I knew where to get ammo. I only have a couple really close friends I gave a few boxes of ammo to.

I also get the "coming to your house" for SHTF discussions. I tell them if they make it, they better bring stuff to contribute to the house. No free rides...

Should it be "ass, or brass, nobody rides for free"

I‘ve sold a lot of guns over the last year. Got rid of some thing that I didn’t use and also made a little money from selling things that weren’t exactly sought after but with the diminishing supply it worked out.

Ammo on the other hand is something I won’t part with easily. I did sell some 6.5 to someone for less than current prices because he didn’t have a single box.

just one, but wasn't asking me for any, just complaining.

When they balked at your price 6-9 months ago. :ROFLMAO:

And it's only going up. They certainly weren't offering you what you paid for yours when the could buy it cheaper at the store, why would you expect me to offer you what I have at what I paid now? You've just shown me who you really are. I don't think I need you in my life.

I’ve hooked friends and family up with reloads. Gave parents 300 .380 for Christmas because I don’t have a .380. Last sale was to a neighbor that said he needed some .223, only to have him tell me afterwards he was sitting on 17k. That was the last of my selling...

at this point, i think i would give them some HD ammo like 9mm HST or 12ga, buck if they asked.
these days i don't think i could survive a zombie invasion long enough to shoot all of it.

I have a very limited circle of "friends".
If any of them need a bit of ammo, I'm happy to give them a box or two of target ammo as a gift or tell them to replace it at a later date when they can buy more.

If I run across someone out and about that is decent and such but doesn't have any ammo, I may consider giving them a magazine worth or a box of just to be nice. A little kindness sometimes goes a long way towards countering Communist Propaganda.

I've given a few friends ammo in limited quantities and advised them to conserve it, hinting that I scratched the bottom of the barrel to accommodate them. Acquaintances are told that I got caught short just like they did.

I've also had friends say they are coming to my house when the SHTF. I've encouraged the ones that have a useful skill set. If they hunt, fish, fix things, have advanced medical skills, ect they are welcome. Others just get a smile!

I've also had friends and others want me to reload for them. The good friends I tell to buy the stuff needed and come over and I'll help them. Others I flat tell no, that I don't and won't due to liability.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Often I've wondered how AJ stored all his goods. Did he have a house, storage building? Was it conditioned, or did it cycle with ambient?

I have some shotgun shells in garage, they were early RIO, so they're not too swooft to begin with; but I cannot fathom storing any brass cased ammo in an unconditioned garage. So, just wondering how AJ solved the storage issue.

What I have is for me. Like most in this thread, I have maybe 2 that I would even consider giving or selling them any ammo. I also get the coming to your house a lot. Reminds me of Cheech and Chong, "You keep on knocking but you can't come in"🤣

I had a cousin say something to the effect of him coming to my place if SHTF. I told him to buy his own shit or at least bring his own ammo. The audacity of not owning a single gun or single round of ammo and then saying he's going to come use mine. 🙄

I basically replied as much, to go buy his own AR as every American should own, or stop getting wasted every weekend and start buying a box of ammo here and there. Pisses me off.

When they balked at your price 6-9 months ago. :ROFLMAO:

And it's only going up. They certainly weren't offering you what you paid for yours when the could buy it cheaper at the store, why would you expect me to offer you what I have at what I paid now? You've just shown me who you really are. I don't think I need you in my life.
Only gone up. 6-8 weeks ago 6.5CM was 1.67 a round. Today, 4.00 a round. Cheap ass PMC 308 147gr (or was it 149gr) was still high at 0.87; today, almost $1.50. That 380 I laughed at in Nov at 800 per 1K is now 1600 per 1k.

Seems like price is not going down and supply not really backing up as a result of high prices. That's panic buying. Truth be told, I thought I was panic buying at $1.67/round 2 months ago to stock up what I'd shot debugging my upper.

I think the interesting thing will be to see when the supply line starts moving. It's obviously dispersed over a very wide range of venders making it appear none is being manufactured. I also know they don't generally run a line for each round all year, that say 270 Win is made from March-April and that's it (something like that). Other lines I imagine are always on, 22LR, 223, 308.

I told a few of my friends in MAY that they better starting buying or they'll not have any at all. Of course, they all have wheel guns and 38 SPL was one of the very first to go poof into thin air. Then they tried to game system and buy a cheap 9mm (Skyy) and find ammo...by the time that happened, poof, that was gone too. Another was heart set on a 22TCM 1911. Poooof, that went too. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for them. They were warned, said I was some kind of fruit loop, and now look at them.

Where I live we had some serious fires a few years back. We were under mandatory evacuation orders. The streets were so packed with cars it took me 45 minutes to go 2 miles. While sitting in traffic I realized that when the shit hits the fan all the people on their way to my house will die in traffic.
I have no bug out plans for this reason. I will bug in

Yes, especially the one that are more on the liberal side of things that are now trying to buy a gun and some ammo.

One guy I work with recently went out and bought a Ruger Precision in 6.5CM, a Browning Highpower and an AR. He came to me wanting to buy ammo because he can't find any. I told him Gun Broker is loaded with ammo, put on your big boy pants and buy some. He said he doesn't to pay current prices, I said well you are in the current market but you can wait a year or two for things to calm down and hope the prices come down.

I once told a guy (about 2007 or early 2008) that a couple heads 10’ in the air on sticks at the end of my driveway from the first fools who tried to rob me in a bad situation would scare away the rest of the casually violent thief who thought me an easy mark.
he said I should be examined by a psychologist.
i let him know that he would get over ran very quickly if not willing to show he was a dominant force.
And that he could kiss my ass when he needs help.
Same “conservative” guy thought 3 mags was enough for his AR and I never ever once saw him train with a firearm.
Skills are perishable.

Anyways.

I once told a guy (about 2007 or early 2008) that a couple heads 10’ in the air on sticks at the end of my driveway from the first fools who tried to rob me in a bad situation would scare away the rest of the casually violent thief who thought me an easy mark.
he said I should be examined by a psychologist.
i let him know that he would get over ran very quickly if not willing to show he was a dominant force.
And that he could kiss my ass when he needs help.
Same “conservative” guy thought 3 mags was enough for his AR and I never ever once saw him train with a firearm.
Skills are perishable.

Anyways.

It usually only takes 1 dead body outside your house for the other idiots to realize they don't want to mess with your household. There are way too many easier houses to raid that won't get you killed.

Reactions: Nik H
I understand and I'm in the same boat, but I have to think of my wife and kids. I may be gone, but I want them to have more than they need. I'm sure the fight won't stop with my death.
makes sense.
keeping in mind that i am a "poor", my typical routine for pistol range is 50+ shots of range ammo, and then i run the magazine of HD ammo that is in my primary sidearm (so mags and ammo get rotated).
my wife or daughter could do this for every month for 20 years and not worry about running out of HD ammo.

one Of my brothers bought an AR and has ammo back ordered - maybe he will get it. I gave him 100 rounds. I have enough but I’m not selling unless I need money really bad! Many of us bought when Bill Clinton got elected!

one Of my brothers bought an AR and has ammo back ordered - maybe he will get it. I gave him 100 rounds. I have enough but I’m not selling unless I need money really bad! Many of us bought when Bill Clinton got elected!
it the price gets high enough that i can get a decent thermal clip on, i am going to be "a dick" and sell some.

Wack and stack.................................
1612730108526.png

Every damn week!

What's funny is the same fuck heads that gave me a hard time where the same fuck heads that were the first to beg.

My reply is always, "I have to really really like you to sell you any of my ammo or firearms". Then I usually shrug my shoulders and don't say anything else.

On the other hand, I have a few good friends I did help out but they got half way between GB prices and normal prices.

like in the airplane emergency video's where they show you putting on your own mask before trying to help anyone else sink or swim you have to worry about you first then help who and who is going to have to learn to swim real fast if they don't want to drown . good luck to your friends finding ammo I'll keep on praying things get better while buying what I find like tomorrow there will be no more , just in case there isn't any more to be bought tomorrow .

Reactions: camocorvette
When the ammo was very affordable. It sat in the shop . Maybe sell a few boxes here and there but hardly any bulk , except at shows. Now when ask about selling ammo “ I sold it sell when i retired “. I will never run out of ammo. I looked ahead at price trends.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been putting up ammo since the Gun Control Act of 1986. I shoot my reloads and kept the store bought ammo for a SHTF date. I still have a ton of reloads and I'm not target shooting at all anymore.

I won't even sell my reloads. If I had a million rounds, I wouldn't sell or give any away. If I don't need to shoot it, there will may be a time where ammo will be worth more than gold. Same reason why have more than 70lbs of lead.

This thread by now.

You: I'm prepared, armed and have ammo

Friends, co-workers, distant family members: If SHTF we're coming to your house

You: You have ammo, gun or skill set that could be useful.

Them: No, but we can use what you have.

You: Might want to duck on the way in. Could get mighty unhealthy if you don't. While you're at it. Might also want to read up on treating GSWs.

Them: Why?

You: No reason