• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Front pistol sight came loose

mikel822

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2020
Washington DC
Earlier today I had a set of Dawson Precision sights put on my CZ Rami 9mm. The sights are blacked out in the read and fiber optic in the front. I went to the range a couple of hours after getting the sights installed and after shooting for a bit, the front sight came loose. It is sliding freely left and right within the front sight cut. I thought the sight would be securely pressed into the sight cut, or secured by a screw, but it looks to me like it was glued in place only. I guess I should have let the glue dry overnight?

Earlier today I had a set of Dawson Precision sights put on my CZ Rami 9mm. The sights are blacked out in the read and fiber optic in the front. I went to the range a couple of hours after getting the sights installed and after shooting for a bit, the front sight came loose. It is sliding freely left and right within the front sight cut. I thought the sight would be securely pressed into the sight cut, or secured by a screw, but it looks to me like it was glued in place only. I guess I should have let the glue dry overnight?

Yes, Dawson says to use "green Loctite" once it sets nothings moving.

You can reapply the green loctite; peen the edge of the sight slightly and drift it back in, or even put a dab of solder on the bottom of the sight and then drift it back in.