• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Front rest needed

Some Day

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
PA
How out there do you guys feel that makes a good front rest for around $300.for long range shooting

Re: Front rest needed

Check out Sinclair,they have several models,and options for the top. Pete

Keep an eye out for a used Bald Eagle Slingshot. Mine came with a windage top for about that price or a bit less. The S.E.B. rests are pretty nice as well, but I think they run a bit higher.

Have you looked at the Cowan rest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The S.E.B. rests are pretty nice as well, but I think they run a bit higher. </div></div>

They run about x2 higher
smile.gif

I have three including a Cowan, and that is the one I would say to look for. It is solid, well built, has all the features you need, and is American made.
Even better they are built by a shop class to raise funds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have three including a Cowan, and that is the one I would say to look for. It is solid, well built, has all the features you need, and is American made. Even better they are built by a shop class to raise funds.</div></div>

More info please, and if possible a pic??

If you look down the page a little on the 6mmbr article he gives a little background, and you can see the pics.

Mine is nekkid, just raw aluminum and brass. If you look around they pop up used, or you can do some google action and find out if he is doing any soon. I have had mine for about five years now from a run they did. I think they do a batch or two every high school year, I do remember waiting a couple months.

But, like I said its built like a tank, so there is not much someone ould do to hurt a used one if you see one appear. check the benchrest.com classifieds, I have seen them there from time to time.

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek039.html

Mine's the basic brass and aluminum too:

008-4.jpg

Thanks a lot guys.I am going to check out the cowan rest it looks like its built reel rugged and i love the fact that the kids get the money back to help them.I love this sniper's hide sight because you have a bunch of reel good people that are welling to help a guy out. I thank you guys very much for all your help.really