• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Front shooting rest pad 4" in the clear?

Merlin O

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2006
Friendswood TX
I have a 4" BR plate that fits into my bottom rail on a rifle and would like to find a pad that is 4"+ between the ears that will fit into a Caldwell Rock front rest. Is there such a piece?

I have one of these in "medium" that I put on my Rock rest, they have different sizes:

Reactions: Merlin O
I have a 4" BR plate that fits into my bottom rail on a rifle and would like to find a pad that is 4"+ between the ears that will fit into a Caldwell Rock front rest. Is there such a piece?
I put a 3” on mine but I’ve never seen anything wider. Any way to cut the plate down to about 3 inches? I have a plate too but it’s still a tad wide to ride the bag good.

Reactions: Merlin O
I put a 3” on mine but I’ve never seen anything wider. Any way to cut the plate down to about 3 inches? I have a plate too but it’s still a tad wide to ride the bag good.
My buddy made me another one (3") and it now has 3 coats of Tru oil on it and is near ready for use.... I kept the 4" but will probably never use it now that I have this one.
IMG_20210331_174311.jpg
IMG_20210331_174309.jpg

Reactions: Kenmc
My buddy made me another one (3") and it now has 3 coats of Tru oil on it and is near ready for use.... I kept the 4" but will probably never use it...
Oh I thought it was metal. I have had my Protektor bags for 20 years and they hold up well.

My bag will handle a 3" so a new bag is unnecessary. I just got caught up in the bigger is better thought pattern. I looked for a metal plate but the wood one is really nice and matches the forearm of the BSA Martini fairly well so I am counting it as a win. Plus my friend would accept no compensation for his labor. The whole piece including the rail inserts is hand crafted

Reactions: STex and Kenmc