• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frontline: Kill/Capture

_RJ_

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
OR, AK
Frontline has a show about hunting down Bin Laden airing tonight. If your interested here is the link.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kill-capture/

Well it was mostly about how operations are going on in Afghanistan. And needless to say it was fairly one sided and boring. I also hate to say but it is true in the fact that a lot of our actions do create more enemies. I was in Iraq every year between '03 & '07 and seen the same thing. A lot of our actions do indeed create more enemies and it is impossible to articulate that to the local populace that innocent casualties are just the ways of war.

Don't really want to get into anymore of this war stuff, but if you have an hour to burn it's a decent one timer.

Re: Frontline: Kill/Capture

I thought this was very well done. IMHO, Frontline has a pretty good track record with their documentaries. Not perfect, but better than some!

Was it just me... or did this sound like the Afghanistan equivalent of the Phoenix Program (that got so many people's knickers in a twist during Vietnam and led to the Church Committee hearings?)

The language used by the interviewees was right out of the Late William Colby's book 'Honorable Men...'

Worth watching. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Sirhr