• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

frustrated with barrel manufacturers......

bowstryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2008
grottoes, va
so here's the deal. When I spec'd my .338 build I was going to go with broughton. Never answered the phone or email. So I went with Rock. Got the order in and now it's months past the delivery time frame and they have no working number and won't answer emails..... What do I do?
I understand they are swamped. But I need a darn barrel! Could use a little advice. BTW, I am not bashing anyone. I just need to get something in the works.

Re: frustrated with barrel manufacturers......

call benchmark they might have an extra one in stock. #is in my signature line

I just checked out bugholes and they have a brux that may work. The only problem is that I have not done any research on them and they use a 6 groove rifling pattern that I am not familiar with.
Again, I was wanting to go broughton 5c and I have a surgeon xl action so there are few "in stock" blanks with a 1.350" breech and an mtu contour with 9.3 or 9.5 twist. argh....... it's all good. Patience is a virtue right? thanks guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.bugholes.com.

41 </div></div>

What he said. Bugholes will hook you up.

when i call broughton, if i don't get someone on the phone i leave a message and usually get a call back later that day. they're my barrel manufacturer of choice. from my experience, their estimated delivery times are usually pretty close. i don't think i've even had one go over their estimate but definatly havn't had one go months over.

Call Norman Brux and ask him about his product. He's a super nice guy and doesn't mind answering questions. Kreiger usually has some blanks in stock on their website as well. I got my last barrel from Bugholes, and Bruno usually has a few on hand. You don't need to wait if you don't want to. You have options.

Brux is good stuff, I've got two, one on a 7mmRM, the other on a .338-06. Benchmark is GTG also, have one with Mark Gordon waiting on a 6.5x47L build.

BTW check out kriegers website and see what they have in stock in .338

I am going to keep looking and really appreciate the reviews! Nothing says how good a product is like the end user. I just shot Paul a pm and perhaps that's the only way I will be able glean information about the Rock barrel. My main issue is that I am days away from heading over to play in the "big sandbox" and will not have the time to get my LAST component for my build which I was hoping to be finished by the time I get home.

We are having a similar experience with the long wait time. Order was placed about 4 months ago. Very frustrating, especially when we have a match rifle that needs to be re-barreled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just checked out bugholes and they have a brux that may work. The only problem is that I have not done any research on them and they use a 6 groove rifling pattern that I am not familiar with.
Again, I was wanting to go broughton 5c and I have a surgeon xl action so there are few "in stock" blanks with a 1.350" breech and an mtu contour with 9.3 or 9.5 twist. argh....... it's all good. Patience is a virtue right? thanks guys </div></div>

From what I understand they use a 4 groove but they may use 6 on the larger calibers, I'm not sure. I know the one I ordered is a 4 groove. I have heard great stuff about them. I wouldn't hesitate at all. It will shoot just as good or better then the 5c from what I have read. I searched every where I could and could not find I bad thing about Brux Barrels. All the information I found was extremely motivating.

Cut all your problems out and call Brunos,he usually has no less than 200 different Krieger (the best) barrels on hand and ready to ship with out all the wait bullshit.

I had the same frustrations. I ordered a Broughton and after 6 months, bad communication and no barrel. I called bugholes and purchased a Rock Creek in stock. 338 9.4 twist 32" in AMU contour for my 338RUM project. You should contact him because if he doesnt have it he can probably get it faster than any of us. In addition, I have heard nothing but good things about Brux (shoot well, clean extremely well).
I will use bugholes again, clean deal and he always has barrels coming.

I agree with everyone who suggested Bruno's. Great service and excellent price. Get the Krieger by the way. Best barrels out there.

You could also check out Douglas Barrels As I have never had any problem with them and if your Military or Retired they will give you a Discount and there alway on time. At least that's what I have had with them. Good Luck