• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frustrated with Bergara !!!!!!!!!!!!

AZHUNT1121

Twice baked potato
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2019
I have been trying to locate a Bergara Ridgeback in 300 PRC for months now and am getting nowhere with it. The shops and distributors keep telling me that Bergara isn't making enough and Bergara just ignores me when I email or gives me the standard answer " they should be shipping soon" when I call. They are no help whatsoever.

I would appreciate any suggestions for another brand rifle in the same caliber and price range.

Thanks

Last edited:

bighorn origin
prefit barrel
stock of choice
trigger of choice

Why are you frustrated with Bergara? What in the actual fuck did you expect them to do for you?

They're a mass manufacturer and sell to distribuitors. Of course they're not going to tell you shit.......

bighorn origin
prefit barrel
stock of choice
trigger of choice
$1,895.00
Qty

Read FFL Holder note AvailabilityBackordered

Thanks for the feedback guys, i will look into the Seekins rifles.

Sportsmans Warehouse get's their guns primarily from Davidson's and Lipsey's and both have not received any Ridgeback rifles at all.

308pirate you are just that guy aren't you ? Of course you are, there is always one in the crowd right ? Just a little hint, the bad language makes you look ignorant not tough like you think. Grow up and act like an adult or go find another forum to comment on.

What I expected Bergara to do for me is know their product and answer intelligently when it will be available to a customer who is spending $2000 on their product. Bergara is not a mass manufacturer on their Premier line,which the Ridgeback falls into. They are built in smaller batches by hand in Georgia whereas their B-14 line is produced in larger quantities in Spain. Bergara Spain to be precise.

Of course they sell to distributors but who do the distributors sell too? That's right little pirate, the general public and that includes myself. Now keep in mind the Ridgeback was introduced this year at SHOT SHOW in January so after almost a year they are not building enough rifles to support a new product line and cannot even give a timeframe when the rifles will be available. This is not only frustrating but bad business.

I have contacted most of the larger distributors and two of the biggest tell me they have no rifles and Bergara ignores them too or gives them the runaround. Lipsey's has had these rifles on order since the beginning of February right after they were introduced and has still not received one single rifle. So how many people like myself want one of these rifles or a better question is how many people have spent a large amount of money buying their competitors rifles because they cannot get their business practices refined.

Last edited:
Had my Bergara rebarreled by BPI, the turnaround time was a little longer than they quoted. When I called for a status I was told that they were waiting for 6mm blanks. Dont know for sure but it seems that Bergara in Spain just cant keep up with the demand for barrels.

Its just crazy that Bergara clones a 700 and business just explodes and Remington is dying mostly due to the quality of their product.

308pirate is right, I've felt with bergara and they are busy and have a lot of guns to produce. Not everyone is going to drop everything to make you a rifle and make sure you have it in your hands first. Put one on order and wait. And yes, BPI outdoors is a big company that's not going to constantly bother the custom shop when people cant find a rifle that the custom shop is hard at work making.

Go spend some more money like others have said and get an Origin.

But a thread like this isn't fair to Bergara and it makes you look bad. Just sayin.

Reactions: dallinrdewitt
It's not way off, it is accurate and spot on. Keep your political nonsense to another forum.

Hi,

Not trying to be "that guy", but you really have no idea as to why Lipseys and other distributors do not have any of the rifles.

It is not like you will know the truth, so Lipseys could tell you anything being unless you have a FFL and account with Lipseys you are NOT their customer;

Could be that their legal/compliance department is still in negotiations with Bergara in regards to how to handle dealers that export products from the USA since that would compete and undercut Bergara International distribution channels directly.

Could be that Lipseys logistics side of the house is attempting to renegotiate shipping cost, etc etc

Could be that their accounts payable department has not completed the necessary paperwork for the "terms" of payment, etc etc.

Could be that since Lipseys cannot guarantee that you will purchase from a dealer that buys from them, that of course tell you that nobody is getting them.

Could be that US Customs is so slow on clearing the barrels through the system for entry into the USA.

Could be that BATFE is so slow on approving the Form 6 import permits.

Could be a Federal Excise Tax issue with Dept of Treasury.

Bottom Line: Unless you work in the Executive level of Lipseys or Bergara you will never know the inner-workings of what is going on and why it is going on but to think Bergara is going to change their production and business scale to match you....well that is not going to happen...Custom builders change their production to match you but you pay for it.

Sincerely,
Theis

I didn't ask Bergara to drop everything and make just me a rifle did I, no. I asked when the rifle would be available, it is a simple question for them. You people need to read the thread before you react.

BPI;s CEO Nate Traedaway does need to contact Bergar and ask why they are losing sales. Increase the production line or the company will go down because people will buy other rifles.

I didn't ask Bergara to drop everything and make just me a rifle did I, no. I asked when the rifle would be available, it is a simple question for them. You people need to read the thread before you react.

I'm willing to bet that of 1k rifles went out the door this month but none of them went to you that you'd be just as upset. You don't have one and you want one, they make them so it's their fault.

BPI;s CEO Nate Traedaway does need to contact Bergar and ask why they are losing sales. Increase the production line or the company will go down because people will buy other rifles.

Definitely put in an aplication. I bet you could do a way better job then Nate and I'm sure he has no understanding of what needs to be done.

Now that is a great idea Jackomason !!! I am simply asking for a date from them as to when the rifle would be available. Why is that so hard to understand that a company should be able to answer. You guys are making it something it is not.

Seriously ? Are you guys really this dumb ? Asking a company to tell me when the rifle is going to be out after a year is not an unreasonable request.

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
So the gun hasn’t hit big box stores yet, boohoo. Maybe I should be up grayboes ass because when I asked about ctr stocks I was told some time in 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: CStroud
No one has the rifle, not just the big stores. You should talk to Greyboe they are close to me here in Az and are great guys.

Bergara should be able to tell me when the rifle will be available, it is not that hard.

It is their fault, increase production for the pending sales. It is simple supply and demand

Have you ever worked in manufacturing? Simple as supply and demand/ increase production??

Ignorant statements don’t make anyone but you look bad. You’ll get it when you get it. Just put your email in for an availability notice and be done with it.

Ignorant ? I think not. You can wait around for things to happen, I do not.

Yes, I do work in manufacturing, currently as a QA manager for an aerospace company, for the last 30 years, largely in the firearms industry .

Reactions: Estes640
Yes, I do work in manufacturing, currently as a QA manager for an aerospace company, for the last 30 years, largely in the firearms industry .

Then you should be one of the people who understands most the issues with just increasing production. It’s not a matter of just buying more machines, or hiring more people... it’s a matter of locating parts to maintain machines, training people to produce quality product so that by growing you don’t create shit. Not only do you have to do that at your facility but it happens at everyone of their suppliers as well (yes I know they make most stuff in house).

As said above no one knows what’s going on behind the doors. They may be in the middle of training 100 new employees, who knows/who cares. Just wait your turn or go to another rifle instead (because you said you don’t sit around and wait for things) instead of coming on here to bash them for not having a product when you want it

I don't live in speculations, you can. I do know better that you all that asking a simple production based delivery question is not that hard .

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
im reading it
1576249481124.gif

As @b6graham suggested, just build your own off a bighorn origin. No reason to wait. You can manufacture yourself based on your own supply and demand in your garage.

You can basically build the same rifle but with better components for the same price

Reactions: Wyzrd
AGAIN Tokay444, I was just looking for a time frame when they are available.

308pirate you are just that guy aren't you ? Of course you are, there is always one in the crowd right ? Just a little hint, the bad language makes you look ignorant not tough like you think. Grow up and act like an adult or go find another forum to comment on.

Reactions: MCSO1357
Thanks for the feedback guys, i will look into the Seekins rifles.

Sportsmans Warehouse get's their guns primarily from Davidson's and Lipsey's and both have not received any Ridgeback rifles at all.

What I expected Bergara to do for me is know their product and answer intelligently when it will be available to a customer who is spending $2000 on their product. Bergara is not a mass manufacturer on their Premier line,which the Ridgeback falls into. They are built in smaller batches by hand in Georgia whereas their B-14 line is produced in larger quantities in Spain. Bergara Spain to be precise.

Of course they sell to distributors but who do the distributors sell too? That's right little pirate, the general public and that includes myself. Now keep in mind the Ridgeback was introduced this year at SHOT SHOW in January so after almost a year they are not building enough rifles to support a new product line and cannot even give a timeframe when the rifles will be available. This is not only frustrating but bad business.

I have contacted most of the larger distributors and two of the biggest tell me they have no rifles and Bergara ignores them too or gives them the runaround. Lipsey's has had these rifles on order since the beginning of February right after they were introduced and has still not received one single rifle. So how many people like myself want one of these rifles or a better question is how many people have spent a large amount of money buying their competitors rifles because they cannot get their business practices refined.

Quit acting like an entitled little bitch. Grown men don't come to internet forums to whine like a child who didn't get the toy he wanted.

You have three options (besides acting like a spoiled brat dickhead)
  • Build yourself a rifle
  • Buy something else
  • STFU and wait

Last edited:
It's not entitlement you ignorant person, it is simply asking when a product is available and being frustrated because they cannot answer a simple question.

You hate intelligent people do you, clearrly after seeing your stupid picture.

Your problem is 300 PRC. They may not even have a reamer picked out for it yet. Think about how new the PRC is.

I shot a Ridgeback in 6.5, the store had 3 of them on the shelf. They were all 6.5's because that's what the customers want, and they can't keep them in stock.

I'd think their business will do fine, as they're backlogged and can't keep up with requests.

[...]You people need to read the thread before you react.

You admitted the model you want is hand built in limited quantities, yet you expect the availability of a production firearm. Then you refer to us as "You people"... You sound like a whiny little democrat: ruled by emotions and not logic.

Hi,

Well let me lay another theory on you...INVENTORY TAX!!!

Lipseys damn sure does not want to pay it.
Bergara USA damn sure does not want to pay it.

Just a few more replies without getting banned and you will surpass your post count amount on LRH before they sent you to another forum, lolol.

So you seem to understand supply and demand,, lolol....How many 300WM Ridgebacks do you think they supply due to demand than the 300PRC model....hint....it just may be the answer as to why the 300PRC are not lying around.

Speaking of dumb....how much did you say Elk weigh again.... 1500 pounds right??

You do realize that Begara is not allowed to tell you exactly the rifle will be available since they have strict agreements with distributors to not divulge how many of what models go to x distributor vs y distributor. They are also not allowed to tell you when they shipped to those distributors... ..so the person at Begara has no clue as to when a dealer you purchase from MAY have the rifle.

So now you work in the firearms industry...on LRH you were new to shooting right??

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm the Democratic here ? Who is posting stupid videos with Danero in them ? Think people, think !!!