• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing FS, 40 acres of Montana, prime hunting land

MontanaMarine

MGySgt, Ret.
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2001
Canyon Ferry, MT
I've recently put 40 acres of property in central MT on the market.

Some of you may be interested in this if you are looking for a small MT acreage in the heart of game-abundant country. This part of MT is abundant in mule deer, whitetail, elk, antelope, turkey, upland birds. Property is near Ft Peck Reservoir, and world class walleye fishing.

This property is 16 miles off the pavement (Rt 200), in the Missouri Breaks area south of Ft Peck Reservoir, just west of the Musselshell River in Petroleum County. This land is about 30 miles NE of Winnett MT, and about 130 miles NNE of Billings MT.

A county-maintained gravel road crosses the east edge property for good road access. Fiber optic lines are buried along the road. Power lines are about 400 ft from property. Property is adjacent to a large tract of BLM land. Property taxes are $197 per year. Property is two 20 acre tracts that could be sold separately. Good building sites on both tracts. Southern exposure.

If you are seriously interested, please contact my realtor, Patti Kiehl. She has my property listed here:
http://www.shobeauction-realty.com/listings/DAEA8F87-9146-9550-4EFBB319341678D9.shtml

I have posted some pics/maps on photobucket here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v461/montanamarine/Cat%20Creek%202010/

viewsouth1.jpg

viewsouthwest2.jpg

vieweast.jpg

Thanks for looking! Any questions, let me know.

Shane

Re: FS, 40 acres of Montana, prime hunting land

that is absolutely beautiful land. I really wish I lived closer as I would love to hunt that land.

what does 40 acres like that run up there ? be $250,000 plus here in Buffalo, Wyoming...

nevermind... looked at your listing. HOLY Crap... wish that was here, I'd buy it !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what does 40 acres like that run up there ? be $250,000 plus here in Buffalo, Wyoming...

nevermind... looked at your listing. HOLY Crap... wish that was here, I'd buy it !!! </div></div>

Holy $hit, that is $6250 or so per acre. How do the ranchers make that pencil out? Hard enough around here when grass is around $1000 per acre.

Yeah, it's a truly a nice piece of land.

I bought it 16 years ago, wanting a piece of Montana to call my own.

Now we're settled on a nice rural property near Helena, a stone's throw from Nat'l Forest, and BLM.

It's almost 300 miles out to this property, we just don't get out there too often. So we decided to let this property go. It's a good opportunity for someone.

Jon, I put a map on the photobucket link. The property borders several thousand acres of BLM land. BLM is public land, open to all hunters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon, I put a map on the photobucket link. The property borders several thousand acres of BLM land. BLM is public land, open to all hunters. </div></div>

dang !! I wish this was in WY .... nice piece of ground....

My family has a spread in Jordan, another near Roundup. Where this guys spot is has got it all. Nice WT along the Mussleshell, Muleys, antelope, few elk. Good birds too. Get four or so guys together and get yourselves a heck of a spot for a hunting cabin. The fishing in Peck is amazing too, great Walleye, Pike, untouched SMallmouth fishery. And there are dino bones if you are into that sort of thing.

David,

This is pretty close to center of the property,

Lat: N 47.15522 (47deg, 9', 18.8")

Long: W 107.96411 (107deg, 57', 50.8")

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian W</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what does 40 acres like that run up there ? be $250,000 plus here in Buffalo, Wyoming...

nevermind... looked at your listing. HOLY Crap... wish that was here, I'd buy it !!! </div></div>

Holy $hit, that is $6250 or so per acre. How do the ranchers make that pencil out? Hard enough around here when grass is around $1000 per acre. </div></div>

We only need about an acre to the cow here in NC not the 100/cow like out West. Realized this hunting out there when a farmer says "I see your farm plates how many cows ya got?" I said about 50....he says whats your spread 4-5000 acres?" I said crap no....about 70 acres. Makes you think...our land is more expensive but you need a lot less of it to raise cows. Maybe its not all like that...this was in SE Wyoming.

Beautiful land MM.

Damn , nice place to build a bunker . Price is right . Last pic shows cotton wood trees , that = water .