• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories FS, Blower, Motor and Variable Speed VFD/Inverter/Motor for Cerakote Spray Booth or Dust Collection System.

Threadcutter308

Mr. Sugar Tits to you
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
An Island in warshington
I have a Baldor Blower, Motor and Variable Speed VFD/Inverter/Motor for fume extraction in a Cerakote Spray Booth. It's never been used. Like new condition.

The Baldor Blower/Motor is 1 HP, three phase, 60 Hz, 230 Volt, 3450 RPM. The inverter is 120 Vac, single phase input, 60 Hz, three phase output and is easily capable of running this motor. I have the motor and VFD wired up, VFD being fed from 120Vac single phase, have run it and everything works fine. Operation of the VFD is simple from the keypad entirely (unless you wish to make remote control connections, that capability also exists). The VFD is set up and programmed for simple keypad operation now and would ship that way.

I was going to build myself a fume extraction system/small spray booth for Cerakoting, but haven't had the time and I'm moving away from doing Cerakote myself. Could also be used as part of a Dust Collection System. The Blower, Motor and VFD/Inverter/Motor Drive are probably ~ $1,000.00 new.

I have a short video of it in operation that I can/will text to those interested. If I can figure out how to post it here in this ad, I will.

$310.00, P/P Friends and Family. First "I'll take it on this thread wins. Please PM me to let me know of your intention to purchase.

Shipping will probably be in the neighborhood of $60.00 (because of the motor/blower). You cover the first $50.00 for shipping and I'll cover any excess cost above $50.00. If total shipping comes in at less than $50.00, I'll refund the difference.

B916D63C-D691-47E2-A5AB-805E1C982328.jpeg
835828E3-3F03-4A81-B1B2-D7E7EFADEF0F.jpeg

9480F130-084B-464F-B97A-CAFC6B4E28D9.jpeg
D0B9790D-7F7D-40CB-AD5B-BCF7907460D5.jpeg
D18CDB27-850D-4269-963D-30A2B1160EE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't know, but give me a little time and I'll do some poking around and see what I can come up with for you.

edit;

After some research, the blower itself has no model/PN markings on it, but it is an "LM8", P/N 10223 Blower, used for cooling 300HP DC Motors. I have not been able to find a datasheet on the LM8 blower, but the cooling air CFM specification for the 300 HP DC Motor is 1120 CFM/. So, I would assume that the LM8 Blower produces in the neighborhood of 1120 CFM at the rated speed of 3450 RPM. Keep in mind that with the variable speed control (VFD), the CFM can be anywhere between 1 CFM and 1125 CFM, depending on your application.

Attachments

• D50300P-BV-InfoPacket.pdf
    502.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Thanks. Thinking about a hood for welding fumes. Let me do some research.
I'd be willing to bet that if you got under a hood that it was installed on and it was running at full speed, you'd risk having the helmet sucked right off the top of your head. :eek:

................That sounds a bit weird, I know :whistle:

But, the cool thing is that the inlet to the blower will take a round Shop Vac type of air filter. You'd have to rig up a basic bracket with a length of allthread, but I bet you could pull that off in about 15 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b