• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics FS: Super Yoter Coming, Super Hogster, Hogster R Thermal Scope & Clip On

357magag

357MAGAAG
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2013
Sulphur Springs TX

Bering Optics produce the best value thermals on the market today . And have 3 times the product vs the competition at its price point.
I also own a Pulsar Trail XP 50, which is a dang good thermal and really enjoy hunting with it. But at over double the price of my new Hogster R 35mm I would rather have (2) Hogsters R's.

**The Hogster is assembled in the US from internationally sourced parts and components and is tested, optimized, and serviced in the US .
**Bering Optics uses VOX (Vanadium Oxide) cores from IRAY for the Hogster and from Flir for the Beast-R. For instance, the Ulis (French) core used by Pulsar is silicon based. Boris indicated his preference towards the reliability of VOX based thermal cores especially for hunting.
I can testify to the VOX sensor being superior as last week we had a heavy wet fog and my Trail XP50 display provide a minute amount of terrain detail and only showing the animals them selves. The Hogster on the other hand provided ample terrain and animal detail.

***"BLACK BOXING" In one of the final stages before shipping Bering Optically Aligns the QD mount with the scope body. This is done using instruments and a scientific method to ensure your Scope will provide you with the most optimal accuracy. This method is something that sets Bering apart as taking additional sets to provide you with the best Thermal experience possible.

**QD Mount- This QD mount on the Hoster R is a quality mount that locks up tight ensuring No Shift in POI when removed and reattached.

Quick Look at some of the features.
-Excellent top quality QD mount
-4 Year Warranty
-Bering Optics based out of Irving TX
-Switchable image polarity: White Hot / Black Hot / Red Hot / Colored Hot
-Picture-in-Picture function- 2X magnified image on the top of the display
-Rangefinder function to estimate distance to the animals of known size
-Manual control of the image sharpness and screen brightness
-Ability to save up to 4 groups of zeroing calibration
-Four reticle patterns with 4 color options for each pattern (REALLYNICE ONE THAT IS WHITE HOT WITH RED ON HOT)
-Option to power by rechargeable 3.7V accumulators
-Automatic shatter based thermal VOx core
-Precise lens focusing mechanism
-External power supply via a USB port
-Battery status indicator
-Standby mode
-Video Out

17 oz

(Trijicon's MAP is $9K vs Bering Optics MAP $2.67K), delivers about the same result at the end:

HOGSTER R 2.0-8.0x35mm Ultra-compact Thermal Weapon Sight, VOx 384x288 core resolution, 50Hz refresh rat
$2675.00 (For lower Price PM or email [email protected])

HOGSTER R 1.4-5.6x25mm Ultra-compact Thermal Weapon Sight, VOx 384x288 core resolution, 50Hz refresh rate
$2295.00 (For lower Price PM or email [email protected])
hogster-r.jpg
216.png

HOGSTER C Universal Ultra-compact Thermal Clip-On Attachment, 42mm lens, VOx 384x288 core resolution, 50Hz refresh rate; converts to a handheld thermal viewer; compatible with the Throw Level Clip-On Adaptors

$3695.00 (For lower Price PM or email [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: Drago6 and bunk216
Good guy to deal with. Purchased a 35mm though him and will probably pick up a second as a scanner when funds allow. Buy with confidence.

Last edited:
I’ve got a 25mm Hogster-R. Only about 10 hunts so far in the last few months, but I have to say it’s been a pretty impressive unit for the price point. I use it wide by side with a couple different Triji units. It’s definitely not comparable, but looking through a Hogster after a Trijicon doesn’t make me feel depressed for literally 25% of the cost.

Yes....Having delivered several units thus far.
I have yet for a anyone to be disappointed with the Hogster 35mm.
Helped customer sight his in yesterday and he was thoroughly impressed with how simple it was to Zero, along with the quality of it.

What’s the weight and dims between the 25mm and 35mm (non clip on models). Assuming they are close to/similar? Didn’t see the specs on my quick google search.

I’ve been looking at the 35mm vs 25mm, my intended usage is as a clip on in front of a magnified optic

based on what I’m seeing on the specs, it looks like the 25mm version would be better? Less native magnification and higher FOV

Just wanted to leave a review for 357magag. Great to deal with from start to finish....Good guy and was very communicative the whole time. Ordered a 35mm on 4/6 and got it today. Just took it out and I’m most impressed by the clarity and simplicity of the controls. Had my Trijicon patrol and this hogster and I’ve got to say....hogster held its own. I’m not saying it’s battle tested like patrol etc etc but I’m very pleased and I don’t think you’d lack much with just the hogster. I haven’t sighted it in yet and only played with it for about an hour so more to follow.

Reactions: cgbills
A couple of text messages from (2) different new Hogster 35mm owners.
20200611_003338.jpg

20200611_003302.jpg

Attachments

• 20200611_003338.jpg
    20200611_003338.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200611_003338.jpg
    20200611_003338.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Htshot
BUMP..for a few more Happy Customers.
And a teaser Bering is going to release a 17 micron Hogster very soon.
*Its only going to be 15-20% more than the Hogster 35mm
Get yours reserved today.

BUMP..for a few more Happy Customers.
And a teaser Bering is going to release a 17 micron Hogster very soon.
*Its only going to be 15-20% more than the Hogster 35mm
Get yours reserved today.
Not sure what you're alluding to, but the Hogster already uses a 17 µm sensor.

You are correct the "Super Hogster" will have a 12 um sensor.
The first units will be shipping the end of August.

Still waiting the spec sheet from Bering that will reveal other improvements.

Please see below the SUPER HOGSTER 2.9-11.6x35 Features and Specs.

The scope MAP is $3195.00.

PM ME OR EMAIL ME FOR SPECIAL HIDE PRICING
[email protected]

*The first units will be available for Order the end of this month.

FEATURES
:

· Superior for medium and Long Range engagements

· Simulates 640x512 resolution with native 2.9x magnification

· Picture-in-Picture function- 2X multiplied image on a top of the display with ability to save PIP after scope shot off

· Automatic shatter based thermal VOx core with Auto or Manual calibration

· Switchable image polarity: White Hot / Black Hot / Red Hot / Colored Hot

· 16Gb internal memory

· 8 reticle patterns including 3 BDC reticles

· 4 color options for each reticle pattern

· Manual control of the image sharpness and screen brightness

· Ability to save 4 profiles of zeroing calibration data

· Precise Lens focusing mechanism

· Option to power by rechargeable 3.7V accumulators

· 5V DC external power supply via Type C USB port

· Blind Pixel Repairing

· Standby mode

· Compass

· Inclinometer

· Accurate battery status indicator

· USB C-type port

· Video out

· QR Tactical Lockable Weaver mount

· 4 years warranty on parts and labor

· Nitrogen purged

SUPER HOGSTER-R 35mm
Optical Magnification, x
2.9​
Digital Multiplication
2X, 3X, 4X​
Objective Lens system
35mmF/1.1​
Angular FOV at above Optical Magnification (horizontal x vertical), degrees
7.5° x 5.7°​
Eye relief, mm
40mm​
Focus range, yard
1 to infinity​
Diopter Adjustment, D
-5 ; +5​
Reticle W/E adjustment value at a distance of 100m, cm
0.67”/1.71 cm increment per pxl​
Core resolution, pxl
384x288​
Pixel pitch, µm
12​
Start-up time, min., sec.
8​
Thermal Sensitivity (NETD), mK
<40​
Display type and resolution, pxl
FLCOS 1280x960​
Detection Range, yard (Target size: Running Hog L16 & H19), yard
1100​
Dimensions, in / mm
7.7”x2.83”x2.36” / 195x72x60​
Weight without mount and batteries, but with eye piece and lens cap, oz / g
17.14 / 486​
Power supply
3V CR123 (two) or 3.7V rechargeable (two) or 5V DC​
Estimated battery life, hours
4 for two 3V CR123​
Operating temperature, typical, °F
-14°F to +122°F​
Water intrusion
IP67​
Humidity, %
up to 96%​

Simulates 640x512 resolution with native 2.9x magnification

This may be an overreach. It is nothing but 384 resolution. You can't get beyond that fact. There may be some creative manipulation of the image, but to refine it a bit, but that is in no way like saying it is 640 resolution. Sort of like the old X-ray glasses that simulated X-ray vision.

If by some chance the technology exists to do this, I would be surprised that such a small company such as Bering Optics would be the one bringing such cutting edge technology to the forefront. You would see Trijicon, N-Vision, Pulsar, ATN, etc. all doing it and making their actual 640 resolution scopes look freaking amazing!

Let's say that you can electronically refine the image to simulate 640 resolution. Cool. How much processing power does that take? How much does that influence lag?

Don't get me wrong. I like the Hogster product line. I have hunted with the Hogster-R and Hogster-C.

Last edited:
I wish Bering would come out with a helmet mounted thermal with the same type of picture I see in my Hogster 35. The iRay MH25 seems to have the market cornered at a $4500 price point. Something with a 384 core at half the price would be VERY tempting.

Reactions: gophernutz
Ran my hogster 35 last night for about 4 hours on an external battery, it lasted the whole time and had plenty more time on it. I am a fan. Checked mine against a buddy’s MK3 60 and it definitely is lower res, but there was nothing he saw that I missed. And the PiP is awesome.

Have a few unspoken for Super Hogster and Hogster R 35mm units coming in soon.

I recommend the Super for thermal hunting in more open areas and areas the present longer shot oppurtunities.

The R 35mm is just a solid thermal that I cant seem to put down. 7 of 10 trips I will just leave me Pulsar Trail XP50 at the house in favor of Hogster R 35mm.

Reactions: Bevo and jwhjwh54
This may be an overreach. It is nothing but 384 resolution. You can't get beyond that fact. There may be some creative manipulation of the image, but to refine it a bit, but that is in no way like saying it is 640 resolution.
I finally got to look through a SH and while it's an impressive scope, it's no 640 res scope.
My friend had the R and the extra $$ for the added features of the SH is worth every penny.
Still not gonna sell my thermion XP38, but if I find a deal on a SH next year, I'm buying one for a backup.

Reactions: Double Naught Spy
The science is the Superior VOX sensor in the Hogsters over the Silicon based sensors in the Pulsar.
Vox provides the 384 with many gradient levels of heat to provide a greater detailed picture.

I have scanned many fields with my Pulsar Trail XP50 and then picked my Hogster R 35mm only to find the field has much more life in than the XP 50 showed.
Field rats, rabbits, coons, deer partially hidden behind brush that the Trail simply did not detect.

The science is the Superior VOX sensor in the Hogsters over the Silicon based sensors in the Pulsar.
Vox provides the 384 with many gradient levels of heat to provide a greater detailed picture.

I have scanned many fields with my Pulsar Trail XP50 and then picked my Hogster R 35mm only to find the field has much more life in than the XP 50 showed.
Field rats, rabbits, coons, deer partially hidden behind brush that the Trail simply did not detect.
Were the two units the same base magnification and lens size?

I have some Super Hogsters and R35's if anyone is in the market. Contact me VIA PM.

Would even consider trades for LWRC 6.8 Pistol, LWRC SMG, or Rock Island Ultra 6" Double Stack 10mm 1911.

Last edited:
Production units are not available yet . Potentially April/May.
I am anxiously awaiting a unit to incorporate into my personal thermal quiver.

SPECS:
SUPER YOTER C
Universal Long-Range Thermal Clip-On Attachment, 50mm Lens, VOx 640x480 core resolution, 50Hz refresh rate; converts to 4.0x handheld thermal scanner; compatible with the Throw Level Clip-On Adaptors or HOGSTER QR mount. Estimated Price $5400.00

Key Features:
-12 uμ core
-Kit includes: (a) clip-on set with one throw lever adaptor (BE809XX) or (b) set with a HOGSTER QR mount (BE80990), which allows inline set up with a day scope.
-Superior for coyotes and predator control at long distances
-Detection range for human size figure up to 2500 yds
-Optimal with 2.0x to 20.0x day time scopes
-Convertible to handheld 4.0x thermal scanner when coupled with the eye piece (included)
-Built in type-C USB port allows external power supply and video output
-Built-in E-zoom
-Built-in electronic compass and motion sensor
-4 profiles of zeroing data can be memorized
-4 color switchable palette options
-Automatic shatter based thermal core
-Manual brightness and sharpness control

This is 1.0x optical power in the clip-on mode, but SUPER YOTER also have an E-zoom up to 8.0x magnification in this mode.
As for the scanner mode, an optical (native) power is 4.0x and can be increased with digital zoom 2X and 4X times up to 16.0x magnification.

Detailed video footage about the SUPER YOTER field testing at the below listed links:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Currently Testing Super Yoter C.
Very impressive...
Incredible performance in a compact package.

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_001612.jpg
    IMG_20210531_001612.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20210531_001512.jpg
    IMG_20210531_001512.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Love
Reactions: jstokes1