• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms FS Surgeon 591R action and 5 barrels (ONLY FOR NC RESIDENTS!)

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY FOR A LOCAL MEET IN NC. I AM JUST SOUTH OF RALEIGH BUT WILL DRIVE SOME TO MEET. DO NOT ASK ME TO SHIP IT.

Well I am thinking of selling this set up so put it up to see if any interest. Would include the following:

Surgeon 591R action with integral 20 MOA rail and integral recoil lug. This is an Oklahoma made Surgeon action.

Trigger Tech Special trigger adjustable from 1-3.5 pounds

Following Bartlein SS barrels. I believe they are all 5R as that is all I have ordered:
.308 Win, 26", 11 twist, M24 contour, cerakote black, 5/8-24 threaded muzzle, VG6 Lambda PRS30 brake chambered by Moon at Crescent Custom, round count of 833

.243 Win Match, 26", 7.5 twist, M24 contour, cerakote black, 5/8-24 threaded muzzle, Badger Ordnance Thruster brake, chambered by Moon at Crescent Custom, round count of 320. This barrel is chambered to be able to load up to 115grn bullets. I have used 105s. Also anyone wondering about the .243 as a match or long range cartridge then think of it as the predecessor of the 6 Creed. We started using them in 2004 in "PRS" style matches and they will do anything other 6mms will do when set up right like this one. I have a Redding Type S Bushing FL sizing die for the .243 I will throw in with this as well.

6 Creed, 28", 7.7 twist, Med Palma contour, stainless finish, 5/8-24 threaded muzzle, Seekins brake, chambered by HP Precision, round count of 940

6.5 Creed, 28", 8 twist, M24 contour, stainless finish, 3/4-24 threaded muzzle, Surefire .338 suppressor adapter brake, chambered by Patriot Valley Arms, round count 120

6.5 Creed, 26", 8 twist, Med Palma, stainless finish, 5/8-24 threaded, no brake but AR comp as a thread protector, .165 freebore but can still be used with factory ammo, chambered by Patriot Valley Arms, round count 70

I will also include the Surgeon Action wrench to change the barrels. All you will need is a barrel vise. Also included 500 pieces of new Hornady .243 Win brass still in package as well as whatever .243 primed brass I have(250 new primed). New brass is about $35/50. Also the barrel log books for all the barrels showing how many rounds were fired. Pics below.

I will not ship so it will have to be a meet with NC resident in NC. I am near Fuquay Varina but will drive some to meet. It's an all around great package for anyone to drop into the stock or chassis of their choice and shoot matches or just have some fun. Also Patriot Valley Arms has the action specs so you can call and get shouldered prefit barrels from them for the action without having to send the action in.
Asking $3700obo for it all. It's a real good deal as only the 6 Creed barrel is higher in round count at about half it's life and all the others are just broken in so you are basically getting 4 barely used barrels and accessories. Barrels alone chambered and threaded are about $650-700 each. Add in the new brass, action wrench, brakes and then action and trigger and it's a pretty good deal. Cash payment at meet or if you needed to pay with a check or money order you can mail them to me and we can meet after they clear to do the turnover of everything. Any questions just send me a message.

Some pics. I have 250 new primed .243 Hornady brass so you will get 750 pieces of .243 brass. Barrels are lined up in the same order as listed above. The .308 is on the action. If you wanted any specific pics just PM me and I can get them.

IMG_E3424.JPG
IMG_3425.JPG

Thanks guys. I am willing to work with the price for local guys so hopefully someone sees it. I also have 4 or 5 boxes of Hornady 108 ELD-M ammo for the 6mm Creedmoor I will toss in also.