• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ft. Benning 2010 Sniper Comps.

jhead7416

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2005
Georgia
This article was in the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer this morning. Doesn't seem to be as much coverage of the competetions as 2009. Last year they even invited the public to some of the spectator friendly venues and published schedules. Anyway, I know there are some SH members competing so good luck to them and welcome to the Columbus area! It wraps up on Friday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">32 teams shooting to become world’s premiere snipers</span>
By MIKE HASKEY - [email protected]

Thirty-two sniper teams from around the world are testing their skills this week during the 10th Annual International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning.

The two-man sniper teams are competing in a variety of different events, including urban shooting, a sniper stalk and firing under stressful conditions at a variety of locations on Fort Benning.

“It’s 72 hours of sniper related events, either testing field craft or marksmanship, to identify the world’s premiere snipers, to share lessons learned and to train,” said Master Sgt. Mike Snyder, officer in charge of the U.S. Army Sniper School.

10_14_10FtBenningComps_ledgerEnquirer.jpg

Senior Chief Petty Officer Thomas Bowes uses the knees of his partner, Petty Officer 2nd Class Joshua Harris, to brace his rifle Wednesday morning while competing in the 10th Annual International Sniper Competition at Fort Benning. The sniper team, from the U.S. Coast Guard air station at Elizabeth, N.C., is one of 32, two-man sniper teams from around the world competing in the event that continues through Friday.

There are 22 U.S. military teams, seven foreign military teams and three civilian law enforcement teams competing in the event that concludes Friday with an awards banquet.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/10/14/1305206/10th-annual-international-sniper.html

Re: Ft. Benning 2010 Sniper Comps.

Have not seen anything other than some standard type of announcement. No video while I was watching the news. Just seems odd as last year there was lots of coverage. Might be something tonight on 11:00 news.

Took my son out to see some of the 2009 events on Saturday. They even had maps and schedules at the check points.

This year's competetion has all been during the week which is different from the past. Makes it more difficult for the public to comeout and watch/support the teams.

Anyone know the results and what they were shooting?

My company assisted the team from SDPD here on the West Coast with Night Vision gear. Haven't heard from them but will post with any results I can get from them.

Special Forces Sniper School Fort Bragg took First in service class and overall. Shooting a 20" LaRue OBR and a 16" LaRue OBR. Second Overall was USMC. 3rd was USASOC and they were also first in Open class. 4th was USMC. 5th was Special Forces Sniper Scool team 1. They were also second in open class. 6th was 3/75 Rangers and so on down the line.

Where did those shallow water sailors in the picture end up?

they were down in the bottom third.

Does anyone know if this one will be televised?