• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Ft Stewart, GA hog hunting

LR Noob

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2019
Good Morning,

I am new to the site and I live in Savannah, GA. I'm looking for hog hunting advice for Fort Stewart. Has anyone hunted there before? I have only been hog hunting once (more like I just walked around Cumberland Island with my Beowulf....LOL) with no stalking success. Any info would be appreciated.

I did a decent amount of training in Ft. Stewart 6 years ago but didn't get out hunting them there unfortunately. Little to far of a drive for me at the time, there was a ton there though. I did get one at the Altamaha River wildlife management area but it took a lot of trips. Lot of guys running dogs so they where always moving and the palmetteos and brush is so thick makes spot and stalk very difficult.

If I remember you cant do night hunting in Ga? Makes it pretty difficult if they been getting a lot of pressure from hunters/dogs during the daytime.

Last edited:
Fort Stewart? I’ve heard of it...
6CF923BB-D0C7-4DAC-94A4-2E0D75C383D1.jpeg

I had a lot better luck in the Western areas than the Eastern but as of two years ago there were plenty of pigs to go around. Look for several intermittent streams that come together, hogs will lay in the mud all day and forage in the higher ground at night. Start with a map then use google earth satellite view to find the nice wet/thick areas. Once you find a couple you’ll understand where they hang out.

Reactions: deersniper
Thanks for the info!! That's a sweet setup....what are you running there?

Thanks for the info!! That's a sweet setup....what are you running there?

Larue tOBR 7.62, LT-104 mount, CQBSS. That setup has killed tens if not hundreds of animals, mostly hogs.