• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FTE Thread Protector

Re: FTE Thread Protector

On anyones protector does it cover the machined surface as well as the threads, or just the threads?

I have a thread protector which covers the entire area - when it's on, you have to look very closely to discern the line between the protector and the barrel. It was made by the manufacturer of the suppressor, who also threaded the barrel.

But I don't know what an "FTE" is. Is it one of the following?

FTE Full-Time Equivalent
FTE Full-Time Employee
FTE Full-Time Equivalency
FTE Full Time Employment
FTE Full Time Enrollment
FTE Foundation for Teaching Economics
FTE For the Enterprise (SQL)
FTE Fund for Theological Education
FTE Flux Transfer Event
FTE Foundation for Thought and Ethics
FTE Failure to Enroll
FTE Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
FTE Flight Test Engineer
FTE Full-Time Effort
FTE Flight Technical Error
FTE Flow-Through Entity
FTE Failure to Eject (firearms)
FTE Factory Test Equipment
FTE Fault Tolerant Ethernet
FTE Failure to Extract (firearms)
FTE Full Time Engineer
FTE Full Trucker Effect (song and trucker slang)
FTE First Unit Equipped
FTE For the Emperor (Warhammer 40k gaming)
FTE Florida Tomato Exchange
FTE Forschung Und Technische Entwicklung (German: research and technological development)
FTE Field Test Engineer
FTE Funniest Thing Ever
FTE Fully Taxable Equivalent/Equivalency
FTE Facilities, Terminals, and Equipment
FTE Fiberoptic Test Equipment
FTE Frame Timing Estimation
FTE Firearms Training Elective (AAFC)
FTE Functional-Technical Expert
FTE Free Time Expiry (freight containers)

I was going to make a smart ass remark about the search function, but I thought I'd leave it up to BOLT.

Well, there's certainly no shortage of smart-asses around here...
laugh.gif

It will depend on how big the barrel is and how much of it needed to be turned down to make the clamping surface. Most will just cover the threads.

I thought it was 'FRONT TOWARD ENEMY' like on the claymore mine. I sure hope Lindy cut and pasted that list. If he typed it in it's time to move the house to another location, he's got too much time on your hands. Love the list though.

Yep. Googled "FTE", cut-and-pasted the list. To have typed it would have taken time away from Happy Hour, which started at 1030 this morning following my bicycle ride, but was interrupted by lunch and a nap.
laugh.gif

I call my thread protector "the Vortex". Ironically, so does the manufacturer: Smith Enterprises. Go figure...