• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FULL AMBI LOWERS W/Great R&D & WARRANTY

RUACH ARMS

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2023
USA
What are some good full ambi LR are out there with good reliability, very good fitment with high quality measurements milled to spec with tight tolerances, good warranty?

I was looking into a few:
KAC
LMT
RADIAN
JP
SEEKINS(incredible warranty) like vortex optics
Aero(seems to be the base of everything in stores)

NOTE: Left handed shooter, New to building AR/Rifles

What are some good full ambi LR are out there with good reliability, very good fitment with high quality measurements milled to spec with tight tolerances, good warranty?

I was looking into a few:
KAC
LMT
RADIAN
JP
SEEKINS(incredible warranty) like vortex optics
Aero(seems to be the base of everything in stores)

NOTE: Left handed shooter, New to building AR/Rifles
FULL Ambi (some brands that are marketed as ambi don't have ambi bolt releases):

ADM/American Defense Manufacturing
Falkor
LWRCi

There are others

Reactions: RUACH ARMS
LMT doesn’t meet your requirements. They are at present a second rate shop whose quality and QC went down the toilet as prices doubled while they chased contracts and tried to capture commercial market share simultaneously.

LMT doesn’t meet your requirements. They are at present a second rate shop whose quality and QC went down the toilet as prices doubled while they chased contracts and tried to capture commercial market share simultaneously.
I have a MARS-L that I purchased within the last 3 months that is nothing like what you describe.

I have a MARS-L that I purchased within the last 3 months that is nothing like what you describe.
Wasn’t but earlier this year that lowers were being milled so entirely off center that the buffer arch was visibly much thinner on one side 😂😂. Your profile pic says it all, nut hugger.

Reactions: Tokay444
Wasn’t but earlier this year that lowers were being milled so entirely off center that the buffer arch was visibly much thinner on one side 😂😂. Your profile pic says it all, nut hugger.
Wow. One statement of personal experience that contradicts some shit you saw on the internet induces enough assrage to reduce you to name calling.
You seem like a really well balanced personality.
Thanks for your valuable contribution to the discussion.

Wow. One statement of personal experience that contradicts some shit you saw on the internet induces enough assrage to reduce you to name calling.
You seem like a really well balanced personality.
Thanks for your valuable contribution to the discussion.
Ah yes, nut hugger, that’s name calling.

These fucking snowflakes.

I love my LMT...but I definitely had to have a lot of parts sent back to LMT because they didn't fit or function properly. I ultimately ended up replacing most small parts with FCD stuff. They no question have horrendous QC.

I’ve played with most of the fully ambi lowers on the market and I’ve personally owned two of them.

The absolute best in my opinion is the Radian lower. With that being said, it is horrifically overpriced. But the machining quality is second to none. The tolerances are super tight and every upper I’ve tried it on has had a nice, snug fit. The ADAC is a really clever, effective right side bolt catch and all the other controls are really nice. I especially like the machining and finish quality of the billet parts that are all included. It also comes with the Radian safety which isn’t my favorite but its nice to have in my spare parts collection. I really like how they look but some people think they are really over-styled.

The other lower I’ve had (now sold) is the ADM which is also very nice but I didn’t like the right side bolt lock as much as the Radian and the quality of the small parts wasn’t as nice (cast phosphate coated parts vs the billet nitride parts on the Radian). It also didn’t have as tight of a fit with my uppers. Some people like the fact that the ADM is black anodized vs the Radian’s Cerakote finish. If you insist on having anodizing, buy the ADM. I didn’t care about that because I like to rattle can my guns.

The LMT MARS lower is also very nice. A friend of mine has one and I’ve shot it quite a bit. My only issue with it is that the right side bolt paddle doesn’t fit with the Vltor stripped uppers which I use in many of my uppers. If you prefer the forged, milspec look, this lower is absolutely the way to go. Yes, LMT QC is very hit and miss but they do take care of you if you have a problem.

Reactions: mkollman74
The Radian stuff is bar none in terms of fit and finish. Blows LMT, Noveske, and KAC out of the water. I mean really just exceptional. The ADAC system is pretty slick, my only gripe with it is that the bolt release and mag drop are both very close together and similar in feel. So while you're under duress, moving fast, doing drills, etc. it is really easy to drop a fresh mag out when you meant to send the bolt home after a reload, or send the bolt home after it locked back on the last round when you meant to drop a magazine out.

I think with enough training it is fine, but ultimately companies like KAC and Noveske came up with a much better solution with their button bolt release on the right slide. LMT (and LWRCI) to me does this one feature the best since it totally replicates what we are used to on the left side of the gun by having a fully functional paddle on the right side. It's proximity and difference in shape and feel make it near impossible to mix up with a mag release.

The Radian stuff is bar none in terms of fit and finish. Blows LMT, Noveske, and KAC out of the water. I mean really just exceptional. The ADAC system is pretty slick, my only gripe with it is that the bolt release and mag drop are both very close together and similar in feel. So while you're under duress, moving fast, doing drills, etc. it is really easy to drop a fresh mag out when you meant to send the bolt home after a reload, or send the bolt home after it locked back on the last round when you meant to drop a magazine out.

I think with enough training it is fine, but ultimately companies like KAC and Noveske came up with a much better solution with their button bolt release on the right slide. LMT (and LWRCI) to me does this one feature the best since it totally replicates what we are used to on the left side of the gun by having a fully functional paddle on the right side. It's proximity and difference in shape and feel make it near impossible to mix up with a mag release.

I agree with you about the Radian’s right side bolt release but I think that issue is present with many semi ambi lowers that place the bolt release right above the mag release.

Personally, I’m only interested in a right side bolt lock and I can care less if I can also release the bolt from the right side of the receiver. I still think dropping the bolt on the left side with your left thumb after inserting a mag is the superior way to send the bolt home (if you’re a righty), but that’s just me.

The Frank Proctor way (3:00 mark) -

Last edited:

The Radian stuff looks really nice.

I wish they sold receiver sets without the rail, but I'm sure they have a reason for that.

I would definitely consider a Radian receiver set for my upcoming SBR build, but I already have a 10.5" Geissele MK4 rail purchased for this build.

The Radian stuff looks really nice.

I wish they sold receiver sets without the rail, but I'm sure they have a reason for that.

I would definitely consider a Radian receiver set for my upcoming SBR build, but I already have a 10.5" Geissele MK4 rail purchased for this build.

The lines of the Radian upper are designed to flow into the rail which is why they sell them as a set. You can use another rail (if it doesn’t have anti-rotation tabs) but it looks awful. Personally, I think the Radian rail is too chunky and I prefer more tubular rail shapes. The Radian rail is sorta like a quad rail Mlok hybrid in terms of shape. It looks cool but I didn’t like how it felt in my hand. It is super sturdy though.

The Radian lower works well with a bunch of different uppers so I wouldn’t bother with a full Radian build set personally. The Radian lower looks particularly nice with the Vltor upper. It also works really well with the ADM stripped upper since they have similar styling lines.

Scroll down this link to see the Radian with the ADM upper: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Upper-Match-suggestion-for-Radian-Lower/4-746054/

Radian + Vltor: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...d-geissele-ssa-e-trigger-980-shipped.7104031/

Reactions: kthomas
I agree with you about the Radian’s right side bolt release but I think that issue is present with many semi ambi lowers that place the bolt release right above the mag release.

Personally, I’m only interested in a right side bolt lock and I can care less if I can also release the bolt from the right side of the receiver. I still think dropping the bolt on the left side with your left thumb after inserting a mag is the superior way to send the bolt home (if you’re a righty), but that’s just me.

This is me as well. The process to lock the bolt open on the AR-15 has always been cumbersome for right handers.

I like the ADM, PDQ, Hk416A5, and SilencerCo levers because it’s very deliberate but within reach of the trigger finger, nowhere near the mag release. This is one area that benefits lefties on standard receivers, where if they have long enough fingers, they can just reach up and toggle the bottom of the bolt catch to hold open with ease.

They otherwise get short-changed with mag release and charge handle interface.

This is me as well. The process to lock the bolt open on the AR-15 has always been cumbersome for right handers.

I like the ADM, PDQ, Hk416A5, and SilencerCo levers because it’s very deliberate but within reach of the trigger finger, nowhere near the mag release. This is one area that benefits lefties on standard receivers, where if they have long enough fingers, they can just reach up and toggle the bottom of the bolt catch to hold open with ease.

They otherwise get short-changed with mag release and charge handle interface.

I’m of the opinion that the only enhancements that are actually worth a damn are the right side bolt lock, the ambi charging handle and the ambi safety.

The right side mag release works equally well for righties and lefties. The left side bolt release also works for righties/lefties without issue.

But the left side bolt lock really doesn’t work well for righties. You can do it obviously but it is awkward.

If you are on a budget, throw a Redi Catch on a milspec lower with an ambi safety and and ambi charging handle and you are ready to rock regardless of which hand is your dominant one.

The fancy ambi lowers are nice but they are a luxury and the extra cost is better spent on more ammo and training.

I’m of the opinion that the only enhancements that are actually worth a damn are the right side bolt lock, the ambi charging handle and the ambi safety.

The right side mag release works equally well for righties and lefties. The left side bolt release also works for righties/lefties without issue.

But the left side bolt lock really doesn’t work well for righties. You can do it obviously but it is awkward.

If you are on a budget, throw a Redi Catch on a milspec lower with an ambi safety and and ambi charging handle and you are ready to rock regardless of which hand is your dominant one.

The fancy ambi lowers are nice but they are a luxury and the extra cost is better spent on more ammo and training.
I forgot about that thing.

large_61_Redi-Catch_4.jpg

I forgot about that thing.

large_61_Redi-Catch_4.jpg

It’s brilliant. It gives Radian ADAC functionality to all milspec lowers and any billet lower that can accommodate it.

I’m thankful Radian didn’t kill it because it violates their patent. I don’t know if the Redi Catch designer has to pay them but the instructions that come with it say something like, “Made with permission from Radian Weapons Systems”.

They kinda blew up over the last year or two. Hardly anyone ran them and now they are frequently out of stock.

Last edited:
I have two Radians. They're spectacular and fully ambi. I like LMT as well, but their stuff is both proprietary and hard to get, so I don't mess with it.

True "mirrored" Ambi > Full Ambi > faux ambi > non-ambi
Train smart- train both strong and support sides. Train often.

Last edited:
You know what this thread needs? PICS of these full ambi models- BOTH sides of the rifles!

Reactions: RTH1800

you are correct there. as a leftie i spent 20some years shooting normal AR’s without issues and just learned to use the left side both catch with my trigger finger.

in retrospect i wish i never bought ambi’s because it confuses the issues when training and in a perfect world i would have all or none.

Last edited:

I've learned to do this on my MARS-L. I shoot lefty, but when releasing a magazine I run my support/right hand straight back, then straight down, activate the mag release. Installation is the reverse of removal, so I insert the new magazine, then run my (right) hand up to activate the bolt catch, and straight out to the rail.

I feel like it makes more sense, to me, and it avoids having to change my firing/ left hand position, as due to hand issues, I can't extend my index finger with other fingers flexed and wrist in ulnar deviation. Most people won't have this issue though so YMMV.

if we are talking true full ambi, right side bolt catch

ADM
LMT
LWRCI

the new Daniel Defense lowers (idk if you can buy them by themselves currently)

the Radian is not full ambi in the way those others are

PWS/KAC/Noveske/SLR/FCD-SOLGW, MEGA etc all have right side bolt release but not catch, I believe Centurion is dropping an ambi lower soon.

as far as fit and finish, they will all be quality, if you like billet style designs, ADM and Radian have you covered, ADM has a model with their cuts and a plain model

the LMT and LWRCI / DD resemble traditional forged lowers with enhanced features, the LWRCI is slightly more modern looking than the standard look.

From my experience the LMT has a better right side catch/release paddle, it has a bottom bar where as the LWRCI does not, I also find the safety in a better position on the LMT, LMT has the red and white filled in safety indicators.

I own ADM, LMT, LWRCI, Radian, and the Radian is probably the most beautiful and the parts it comes with, with the ADM in a close second but I prefer the function of the others over Radian

I typically go with the LMT, as my go to, but in all honesty, I think the ADM is the best lower receiver made, its billet design seems more rugged and refined than the LMT, I think the ADM lever is the best / quickest method (depending on individual user) the magwell is nice and large.

I would go with ADM if you want billet

or LMT forged look.

Both are around $300-350 depending on deals, I know ADM just raised prices

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
Haven't read every word, sorry if repeating: the big issue for me is making sure there is separation between the bolt release and the mag release. Several companies redneck engineer an ambi mag release that all but hits the bolt release. Under stressful reloads, you will unload too - and not out the business end.

Spontaneous unscheduled weapon unload under stress - no bueno for caca...

Haven't read every word, sorry if repeating: the big issue for me is making sure there is separation between the bolt release and the mag release. Several companies redneck engineer an ambi mag release that all but hits the bolt release. Under stressful reloads, you will unload too - and not out the business end.

Spontaneous unscheduled weapon unload under stress - no bueno for caca...
Which specific models have that issue?

Here is one of my Radian lowers. The right side mag release is also the bolt hold open. As a lefty I'm not actually that picky about my controls. I shoot a lot of different carbines with incompatible batteries of arms so I don't tend to sweat consistency. the ambi control I value the most is the safety. Even then, I have a Galil Ace gen 2 that I shoot fine using my palm on the left side grip safety. I think the scar 16s is my favorite of all of them as I'm not a huge rear charging handle guy but they all work.

My "conventional" battery of arms is to use my support hand for mag changes and bolt drops. On the scar I tug the charging handle instead of using the release. This keeps me consistent with ak/mp5/m14 style guns. I use thumb to disable the safety and edge of my palm on the left side to re-enable it. Trigger finger for bolt hold open on Scar and non-ambi AR. Thumb on support hand for the radians.

IMG_6373.jpeg

IMG_6374.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: tucaz
Silencerco makes a billet ambi lower. They are usually around $250 or so. A buddy picked one up. It looked like it was well machined and thought out. The right side catch and release is sort like one of those PDQ levers, but of their own design.

Reactions: LRRPF52
I haven’t tried the Zev but Mega used to be the standard when a ambi was needed. They are the same design.

If I had to get one now, maybe Seekins or Radian.

i have not had that issue with the LW.

on a side note…the new MCX speer ambi bolt drop is completely different. that little lever you push downward

so far so good with it for me but i’ve only been out twice and done 20 or so mag changes. i like to load only 10-15 rounds to increase the practice.

IMG_1927.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: brightt
Here is one of my Radian lowers. The right side mag release is also the bolt hold open. As a lefty I'm not actually that picky about my controls. I shoot a lot of different carbines with incompatible batteries of arms so I don't tend to sweat consistency. the ambi control I value the most is the safety. Even then, I have a Galil Ace gen 2 that I shoot fine using my palm on the left side grip safety. I think the scar 16s is my favorite of all of them as I'm not a huge rear charging handle guy but they all work.

My "conventional" battery of arms is to use my support hand for mag changes and bolt drops. On the scar I tug the charging handle instead of using the release. This keeps me consistent with ak/mp5/m14 style guns. I use thumb to disable the safety and edge of my palm on the left side to re-enable it. Trigger finger for bolt hold open on Scar and non-ambi AR. Thumb on support hand for the radians.

View attachment 8177795
View attachment 8177796
that looks like a solid design. i like that ambi bolt catch and well fenced mag release.

Which specific models have that issue?
The Strike mag release is the big offender, spring is way too weak, so avoid anything that uses it. I often just run mil spec lowers with ambi safety and norgon mag release, then bolt release with trigger finger, as said above.

Some of us served before there was ambi anything, in which case training solved the problems. Now, ambi controls are convenient, but in no way a substitute for training. Find something that doesn't have big flaws (like the strike ambi mag release), and run it like a rented mule.

Some of us served before there was ambi anything, in which case training solved the problems. Now, ambi controls are convenient, but in no way a substitute for training. Find something that doesn't have big flaws (like the strike ambi mag release), and run it like a rented mule.
What's kind of amusing to me is that the more I shoot, the more I prefer some of the RH ergos. I have some true mirror image semi-auto lefties and I actually missing having the ejection port on the right side where it's easy to look at/into.

Reactions: tucaz
What's kind of amusing to me is that the more I shoot, the more I prefer some of the RH ergos. I have some true mirror image semi-auto lefties and I actually missing having the ejection port on the right side where it's easy to look at/into.
AK’s and the bolt latch comes to mind first for me on that same subject. i dont see how righties can stand shooting those…among other reasons.

My bolt guns are all righty (except for a 40X lefty, the only one I have ever seen in 7.62) and I am absolutely faster on a righty bolt gun running lefty. On ARs, I served with all right hand only guns, so have that down well. I was well loved in stacks because I can swing right and clear corners better than almost all the rightys shooting weak side.

There are advantages to learning each and becoming comfortable in it. I also prefer righty guns shooting lefty or righty. That said, I know righty guns are built to fail on their right side, thus blowing out away from a righty shooter's face - but into the face of a lefty shooter.

The priority in this as said above is train. Train train train. Getting a cool new ambi mag release and hoping you can John Wick with it when needed is a fool's errand.

Shoot shoot shoot.

I bought a MARS-L in 2020 and it had a tight magwell. It would barely accept a PMAG and it would not drop free. It was probably within their spec but I had a guy offer me a KAC lower in trade and I took it.

I also have a Radian and it is my favorite.

I bought a MARS-L in 2020 and it had a tight magwell. It would barely accept a PMAG and it would not drop free. It was probably within their spec but I had a guy offer me a KAC lower in trade and I took it.

I also have a Radian and it is my favorite.
I have heard of issues from that time frame. That’s why I mentioned that mine was a recent purchase.
I also have a MWS that is about 10 years old. It’s been flawless as well.

You scored on that trade.

Reactions: MarshallDodge