• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Full auto Colorado?

Møønlight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2010
Colorado
I am interested in building a fully automatic AR-15 using the Super Select-Fire (SSF®) Trigger.

How do you go about this hole process of having this build done?

Thanks much,
Moon

Re: Full auto Colorado?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pre-86 Transferable? </div></div>

No; I don't know what pre 1986 transferable exactly pertains to other than the full weapon's that were made prior to 1986. I am only interested in a particular part that will make the weapon full auto.

http://geissele.com/superselect-firessftrigger.aspx

Thanks again,
Moon

You cannot build a fully automatic firearm, at least not without a huge risk of becoming someone’s play toy in federal prison. You would need a registered receiver that was made before May 1986 or a RDIAS (registered drop in auto sear). Both of which are $10K+. The trigger you listed does not in of itself make an AR-15 select fire.

You really should forget about full auto anything unless you are prepared to invest a lot of money, time, and head-ache.
I don't know Colorado law so you should find out what machineguns your state allows.
Then work from there to see if there is even the possibility of owning something that takes that trigger.
Do not break the law.
A full auto AR is probably a lot less formidable a weapon than a semi anyhow.

Now start researching..........

Shooting fully automatic all though it seems cool is really not. And, it can be very very expensive to feed that beast. When you actually shoot full auto you will find out quickly how difficult it is to control without lots of practice. But, don't try to make a full auto AR without doing it legally or you will be sorry.

Actually the test data has been compiled and it turns out that shooting machine guns is really a lot of fun.

You will probably out-pace the market as an investment so if you have a reasonable amount of money invested, buy a machinegun if you want, and don't feel guilty about the expense.
I would own one, but I haven't anywhere (outside) to shoot one.

Yes they are legal in Colorado, Just have to be pre-86 and transferrable. Just rake up the cash, find one,fill out your paper work, send it in ,wait... Then go shoot. My boss has (4) MG 34, Thompson, model 19, and a 1917. Allot of fun when we take them out.

About 20 plus years ago, we used to convert our ARs to full auto. The kits were sold everywhere and no one pursued you regarding legality. It was fun. And ammo was something like 10 cents a round. Those were the old days.

At the time, I was young and it was fun. But it is not something that is worth the effort IMHO. I believe it is rough on the gun and not needed for any practical self defense purpose. However, if I could buy a cheap full Auto AR - I would buy it - but they ain't cheap.

Now a days, I would never dream of building or converting anything to full auto. Federal prison is not something I would enjoy.

Stop into any of the local SOT's I either go to Machine Gun Tours on Colfax or Jensen's Arms in Loveland. They will get you all the info that you need to legally own a select fire weapon. But like the others said go with a fist full of dollars because select fire is rare and very, very expensive.