• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Full Auto M14 Dissassembly?

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
Can anyone help me get a full auto M14 apart? Customer (LEO) wants it put into a sage stock, and i cannot get the operating rod out because of the full auto parts. I dont think i need to take the full auto mechanism all the way apart just to field strip the gun.

Re: Full Auto M14 Dissassembly?

Push forward on the back of the full auto arm(the long arm running along the right side of the receiver)this will allow the hook on the front of the bar to disengage the oprod. Swing it down and back towards the rear of the receiver. At about 90 degrees the bar will align with the selector switch post and you can remove it by pulling to the right. Once the bar is removed the oprod can be pulled half way back on the oprod slot where the cut out is on the receiver and the oprod pulled to the right and back. It will come off the receiver(make sure the oprod spring and guide is removed prior to starting the whole process.

Reassemble in reverse. You can tighten up a sloppy or NM type build by putting a slight bend in the bar so it pushes the front hook against the receiver.

Remember to grease the oprod slot, bolt roller and the oprod tube inside and out