• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Full Length Arca Cut in an Older MPA BA Comp

Troy G

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2004
Sask, Canada
I have the option to purchase an older MPA BA Comp stock that does not have the full length Arca cut at an attractive price. I really would like the full length arca cut and it is my understanding that the latest version of the MPA BA Comp has this standard. Has anyone ever had a smith do full length Arca cuts on an older MPA Chassis? Can this be done? Is this an average difficult level machining (milling) task or something more involved?

I would call MPA and ask them if they will machine an older chassis to have the dovetail cut in the fore end.

I wanted to avoid the hassle of having to ship it from Canada back to MPA as I assumed I would have to use an importer/exporter set up to deal with MPA. If it cannot easily be done I would pass on the stock and get what I want.