• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Full or limited rotation flush cups???

krumfola

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Getting ready to bed my rifle and I'm going to install flush cups at the same time but I'm not sure which to use, full rotation, limited rotation, or non-rotating (these lock at 90 degree intervals).

Any advice from those with experience would be greatly appreciated.

I prefer limited rotation. Need to be indexed properly tho. I’ve had full rotation and would not use them again. Sling always finds a way to get twisted twisted the full rotation

I’ll have to say that I do NOT like limited rotation. I like free spinning because if I change up the angle I need for the sling (like standing to kneeling, or sitting/prone), I don’t have to take it out and re-do it. Especially if you do patrol Cary to slung position. And if it gets twisted up, no big deal cuz you can just rotate/ flip it to where you need. All personal preference.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
I’ll have to say that I do NOT like limited rotation. I like free spinning because if I change up the angle I need for the sling (like standing to kneeling, or sitting/prone), I don’t have to take it out and re-do it. Especially if you do patrol Cary to slung position. And if it gets twisted up, no big deal cuz you can just rotate/ flip it to where you need. All personal preference.

Sounds almost like your limited rotation cups were not clocked correctly when installed.
They should have been oriented to give logical arc limits within usual sling usage.

We have had zero issues shooting tons of positional / slung .

./

Sounds almost like your limited rotation cups were not clocked correctly when installed.
They should have been oriented to give logical arc limits within usual sling usage.

We have had zero issues shooting tons of positional / slung .

./

I suspect you’re right. I did not attempt to adjust the cups, I just went to the unlimited rotation.

Full rotation is garbage and it's frustrating that there are still companies half-assing chassis/stocks with full rotation. I guess they are saving a few bucks? Just behind the times?

I replaced my full rotation with limited rotation and like them much better. My limited rotation are properly clocked and they work great.
Phil G

Very interesting, I have no issue with full rotation. Guess its a Ford Chevy thing.

This image is from one of the KMW pages that demonstrates how I clock the limited rotation cups.
I'm sure there will be variations out there but this was the logical clocking positions for all sling use from carrying to all slung positions.

Reactions: Gil P.
This image is from one of the KMW pages that demonstrates how I clock the limited rotation cups.
I'm sure there will be variations out there but this was the logical clocking positions for all sling use from carrying to all slung positions.

View attachment 7042253

I've got one your your stocks and have never noticed an issue while using a sling in multiple positions.

I definitely prefer the limited. I had full rotation on my last precision rifle, and I was constantly untwisting my sling on it.

Reactions: SonicBurlap