• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Full size USP45 w/ custom barrel and can?

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
My dad gave me his USP45 for Christmas and I've been thinking of putting a threaded barrel on it and buying a can. What are the functional differences between the SOCOM 45 and the civilian USP45, besides the threaded barrel? Will there be cycling issues with all that weight on the front of the barrel or will a USP be able to handle it?

Re: Full size USP45 w/ custom barrel and can?

o ring lock up and overtravel screw on the trigger. Also, the USP TAc has taller sights for a can

Do not compare teh MK23 to the USP, night and day diffrence, you can compare the tactial to the usp though

So what then is the main difference between the HK UPS tactical and the fullsize versions? Is it the threaded barrel or more technical adjustments to specifically handle a can?

~ZL

believe me when I tell you there is nothing "match" about their Match trigger

Haha, Rolex. I thought the exact same thing when I read that. I've never been a huge fan of any HK triggers.

~ZL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">believe me when I tell you there is nothing "match" about their Match trigger </div></div>

Does this mean that a MK23 actually has a decent trigger compared to a USP? (I'm connecting the dots through your previous statement.)

No, trigger sucks regardless of model.