• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fulton Armory m39 emr

Km22

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2010
Fountain Valley, CA
Does anyone have this rifle/have experience with this rifle? Or just what you think about it? Also, I noticed their m110 model rifle. I was thinking about getting one of those. I have a DSA STG 58 that I am very unhappy with and want to get another 7.62/3.08 rifle!

Re: Fulton Armory m39 emr

I have a FAR/308 built by them, 22" with a JP brake. It is a solid .5 MOA to 600 if you drive it. I have not had any issues what so ever. FWIW

$3900 for one? Over an HK, KAC, LMT or FN?

I got my Mk20 and SR25 for less than that; I got an inside deal on the '25 but I scored the Mk20 on GB for $3400 I think. NIB.

The only reason they existed was because 9/11 happened and we got caught with nothing but M4's and beat to shit M16's BUT we had entire warehouses full of old M14's. They wouldn't buy us SR25's at the time. I remember when SF got the very first SAGE prototype, it was pretty slick too and was anodized in some kind of red and gold camo. Of course we all wanted one then. I used to drool over 14's.

Then you've got the whole hierarchy of M1A parts --GI parts, forged receivers, etc. That one says GI parts but I'm not sure about the receiver (I know the good ones are/were rare enough to make Norinco receivers desirable in the 90's due to those being forged --I had one, it was $600!). Mounting scopes to them has always been a pain in the ass.

There's nothing wrong with the M14 really, it's a cool rifle, but it is a (very) dated design, it's heavy, not necessarily that accurate, the triggers are shit and there's much better out there now. Especially for $3900.

The "M110" isn't even close to an M110 but most AR designs tend to deliver in the accuracy dept. --reliability is generally what you pay for, that can be hit or miss in cheaper systems.

That DSA SA58 is probably just as good, probably better in some respects. I had one I just sold a few months back, I'd have kept it except I just didn't use it. In some ways it's better than the SCAR is. If it's a stock STG58 with a Steyr barrel, then it's actually a VERY good rifle. DSA used the Steyr parts until they ran out and then started using US made barrels which weren't as good. If it says "7,62" with that comma instead of a period, it's probably the Steyr barrel. The damn thing was literally designed to fight WW3 with.

Reactions: Ranger007
He lives in CA. That's probably why he's looking at an M39.

OP, Fulton Armory is good stuff, you won't be disappointed with their rifles.

Some guy in the exchange has a slick looking LRB M14 that is CA legal. I think they are generally a bit better. His looks especially good.

He lives in CA. That's probably why he's looking at an M39.

OP, Fulton Armory is good stuff, you won't be disappointed with their rifles.
If the OP didn't get a rifle 10 years ago, I'm not sure he's still gonna get one now... But my M14E2 is Fulton-built on one of their receivers with a new barrel and bolt, everything else is USGI. I'd recommend them again and if I can scrape up some more cash, I'm after a shortened M14 EBR RI from them.

@Strykervet The one big issue with the M14 is that it doesn't work too well with a suppressor, I think. You gotta fiddle with the gas system a bit and the amount of gunk it'll kick into the breech is pretty unseemly, and depending on the barrel length it'll be enormously long and muzzle-heavy on a relatively thin barrel profile (assuming it's USGI contour). It'll work but it might not be worth all the effort and won't reduce the sound as much as, say, an HK417 or SCAR or M110/SR25.

Last edited:
Shit, what is it with everyone resurrecting ten yo threads!?

I'm not privy to the ridiculous shit CA does so it never crosses my mind. But I suppose in that case it makes it the premier system.

I can't recall all the details but yeah, the gas system isn't forgiving at all and has to be specifically tuned to the barrel length and other shit so I suspect suppressing one is a bitch. I saw a documentary or video on 'em a while back. Maybe it was Ian McCollum (Amazon Prime, youtube?) because it went pretty indepth wrt to barrel lengths and gas systems and functioning, technical shit. No, wait, it was on Amazon but it was some other "gun review" (read: infommercial) and they had Springfield explaining the issues behind SOCOM shorties and such. Apparently despite all they did, it's still finicky, ammo dependent and I wanna say it requires the factory muzzle device (and other parts?) in order to function properly. But it's been a long time since I had one and going by memory wrt to the above. IMO M14, FAL and G3 (I've owned each at one time or another) all had their day in the sun but that sun has set. FAL was best all around, M14 most accurate and G3 the lightest to carry. All of them had shit triggers and all were a pain in the ass to mount optics.

But once upon a time, it was THE shit.

Besides the SAGE chassis, I think it was Troy? They sent one to SF around the same time as I recall. It's a bit different as I recall it used AR stocks? It was nice too.

Best move I made though was to liquidate my FAL and a couple others and turn 'em into SCARs. All the positives without all the negatives. Heard more than once BT APC is better, and I don't doubt it, just wary of sight unseen for a company with no US entity, especially with Bidet as Commissar.

I guess if I was in CA I'd still be hooked on 'em too though.

Shit, what is it with everyone resurrecting ten yo threads!?

I'm not privy to the ridiculous shit CA does so it never crosses my mind. But I suppose in that case it makes it the premier system.

I can't recall all the details but yeah, the gas system isn't forgiving at all and has to be specifically tuned to the barrel length and other shit so I suspect suppressing one is a bitch. I saw a documentary or video on 'em a while back. Maybe it was Ian McCollum (Amazon Prime, youtube?) because it went pretty indepth wrt to barrel lengths and gas systems and functioning, technical shit. No, wait, it was on Amazon but it was some other "gun review" (read: infommercial) and they had Springfield explaining the issues behind SOCOM shorties and such. Apparently despite all they did, it's still finicky, ammo dependent and I wanna say it requires the factory muzzle device (and other parts?) in order to function properly. But it's been a long time since I had one and going by memory wrt to the above. IMO M14, FAL and G3 (I've owned each at one time or another) all had their day in the sun but that sun has set. FAL was best all around, M14 most accurate and G3 the lightest to carry. All of them had shit triggers and all were a pain in the ass to mount optics.

But once upon a time, it was THE shit.

Besides the SAGE chassis, I think it was Troy? They sent one to SF around the same time as I recall. It's a bit different as I recall it used AR stocks? It was nice too.

Best move I made though was to liquidate my FAL and a couple others and turn 'em into SCARs. All the positives without all the negatives. Heard more than once BT APC is better, and I don't doubt it, just wary of sight unseen for a company with no US entity, especially with Bidet as Commissar.

I guess if I was in CA I'd still be hooked on 'em too though.
Troy originally made this in conjunction with Mike Rock, as an entry into the M14 EBR program:
1618796123677.png

But there were some issues with it, recoil and sound mostly. The chassis design was redone by Sage and fitted to the production versions of the Mk 14. The Rock SOPMOD setup was very short-lived and only a few rifles were ever built or chassis sets produced, IIRC, and now any chassis in civilian hands is worth a pretty penny. Troy later came out with the Modular Chassis System you might be thinking of:
1618796406284.png