• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fun day at the range

Flatbush Harry

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2011
Colorado
I took a few of my hunting rifles to the local range for a practice session yesterday and, after verifying my sight-ins, went to work.

The first up was my unmodified Rem 700 XHR in .25-06 w/ a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 on Leupy STD bases and rings. I was using my hand loads of once-fired WW brass, Sierra 100gr GameKings, 52.1 gr of IMR 4831 and CCI BR2 primers. This was my 5-round effort with a 25 yd small bore p'dog target I posted at 100 yds, using a 9-13" Harris bipod off a bench. I have this rifle sighted 1.5" high at 100 yds for a 200 yd zero. I had the horizontal crosshair resting on his knee and aimed for the center of mass as I would while hunting. The bull is cute but I wouldn't be aiming at that spot in the field so I didn't here.

sc00862471.jpg

I got this rifle for Pronghorn and coyote and the occasional p'dog ... looks like it will get the job done. I'll save my bucks for a rifle that needs work, but I would note that a lot of these factory Remmies are pretty good as is.

FH