• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fun Match Ideas

CheStadium

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've recently been appointed to chairman of a gun club rifle committee, and have been asked to put together some fun matches at first and maybe some sanctioned matches later. I have 25, 50, 75, and 100 yd ranges available. Only the 75 yd range has suitable positions to use for sitting, kneeling, prone, etc. We have 1/5 sillhouettes, but we don't want to put anything near the ground. I can place targets off the ground at different distances for .22, but centerfire targets have to be on or immediately in front of the backboards. Ideally, I don't want to tie up more than 2 ranges for a match.

I'm looking for ideas for some simple fun matches to start off with. We have a lot of members, and their interests vary widely. I'm starting off with a rimfire match, but want to come up with some activities for the AR/AK, WW2 militay rifle, and precision crowds. The ultimate goal is to progress to sanctioned matches.

We know how to run matches safely and have experienced RO's.

Ideas are welcomed.

Balloon shoots if there’s a little bit of wind.