• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Funeral Today. Some people have the worst luck.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
This poor family. They are some of the most thoughtful people I know. I worked with the father for about 10 years before I got injured. I have known the sun since he was 15, and my wife worked with him at a grocery store from the time he 15 until about 20. He was a great kid, friendly, jockulant, thoughtful and hard working. The kind of kid that makes you think, "his daddy raised him up right."

A couple years before I was injured, his father was putting an addition onto their double wide. He worked on it and talked about it for months. He had it finished for less than a month, and tornado hit their house. He went to bed one night and woke sitting in his yard on his mattress. His son was walking to bathroom when the tornado hit and was thrown outside also uninjured. His wife on the other hand, who was laying next to him in bed was buried under debris. She lived but looked like she fought Mike Tyson. The community brought them food, help clean up the mess, and donated enough to pay for much of a new double wide.

Fast forward a couple years. The mans brother gets murdered. His brother was passed out on the couch at his ole ladies house, and she raps an extension cord his neck and strangles him to death. This is the second time a man has turned up dead in her house like this. The investigation was botched so badly she got 3 years in jail, and the investigating department was scolded by the judge. And told to have another department investigate next time there is possible murder.

Last week his son died. He slipped and fell and was killed. He had just had to quit his job because he couldn't do it anymore due to a back injury. He was 25, and his first child just turned 1. Its going to be a sad day. Prayers for the families luck to improve, and to see his sons face and hear his boisterous laugh again. Please accept him into our permeant home father and give him a body that does not wear out.

Dang. Prayers for the family.

Seen this many many times. Salt of the earth good people just beat down by bad circumstances.
Heartbreaking for certain.

In there though, lies the joy of a small community.
When I was 4, my mother was 27 and had cancer. 3 huge operations, chemo, then told she was going to die.
our town and church friends surrounded us like no other. We had homemade dinners daily for months on end.
terribly dusty here just remembering it.
Dang

Reactions: supercorndogs
Dang. Prayers for the family.

Seen this many many times. Salt of the earth good people just beat down by bad circumstances.
Heartbreaking for certain.

In there though, lies the joy of a small community.
When I was 4, my mother was 27 and had cancer. 3 huge operations, chemo, then told she was going to die.
our town and church friends surrounded us like no other. We had homemade dinners daily for months on end.
terribly dusty here just remembering it.
Dang

Very well put. It is always reassuring when I see the worst of times bring out the best in people. Time to get dressed up and go pay my respects.

Reactions: powdahound76