• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

330240877_1579087889270100_8939237780227714700_n.jpeg

This guy pops up every now and then on my YouTube feed and I just have to watch anytime he shows up. I love his voice! I'd love to hear him narrate what gets posted here in the Bear Pit! :D

There are several languages like that over there with the "clicks". Very difficult.

And yet another thing "americans" don't really understand. Here, at least until lately we had one language and everyone spoke it. Same can be said of Oz. One real language. The "native" languages have been killed off for basically the same reasons.

In other parts of the world where the entire country is the size of a mid western state it is very different. Friend from south africa speaks 5 different languages....well. Just amazing to me. I try to learn from him, as well from some greek friends I have but the words just don't stick. I would love to have that ability.

Storytime:

Roughly 20 years ago I was in Florida visiting, in the hotel there was a couple from germany. A couple of us are around talking to them, and one of the kids say they would love to learn another language, german. The German man says, don't learn german, it is a dead language, learn spanish, that is what you need to know. You will use it more then any other language but english.

Had a lion sitting watching kids at a school bus stop one morning in NorCal. CHP officer was getting ready for work and noticed out his window. He went out on his deck and shot it. When we went to retrieve it, it had a massive abcess in it mouth.

I live basically 40 miles east of Kansas city, basically between KC and Whiteman. I am looking out over the back pasture and I see a "cat" roughly 600 yards out. Man that is one big cat, look at how thick and long that tail is. That sure does look funny. That is just too darn big. Wife got me the binos and it was a cougar/mountain lion. I was amazed. Hear neighbors talk about seeing them, but always thought they saw a big bob cat or something, nope this thing had a huge long thick tail.

Never seen him again.

There are several languages like that over there with the "clicks". Very difficult.

And yet another thing "americans" don't really understand. Here, at least until lately we had one language and everyone spoke it. Same can be said of Oz. One real language. The "native" languages have been killed off for basically the same reasons.

In other parts of the world where the entire country is the size of a mid western state it is very different. Friend from south africa speaks 5 different languages....well. Just amazing to me. I try to learn from him, as well from some greek friends I have but the words just don't stick. I would love to have that ability.

Storytime:

Roughly 20 years ago I was in Florida visiting, in the hotel there was a couple from germany. A couple of us are around talking to them, and one of the kids say they would love to learn another language, german. The German man says, don't learn german, it is a dead language, learn spanish, that is what you need to know. You will use it more then any other language but english.
There is a developmental window for languages... between about 2 and 10 or so... after that the brain developes in different ways. And language becomes much, much harder to learn. Some folks have an ability to learn easily all their lives. It's a rare talent and 'sought out' in some circles. That rare person who can pick up a language and a dialect and an accent and speak it like a native in no time...

So don't feel bad. It is somewhat of a human trait... Sort of like an ability to do math vs. language. Few do both really, really well. Though these days, plenty do neither. Axe me about Ebonics...

Sirhr

The German man says, don't learn german, it is a dead language, learn spanish, that is what you need to know. You will use it more then any other language but english.

In Florida, he isn't lying. I grew up learning Spanish, spent quite a bit of time in Mexico and work in construction. It's a necessity.

My wife looks Hispanic, even though she is not. I'm as Gringo as they come. We when go to Spanish speaking countries, everyone talks to her like she is going to translate for me. It's pretty funny when they see her shrug her shoulders, point to me and I start talking. You'd be surprised how many people in South FL speak at least a little bit of Spanish.

Was out painting targets at the range yesterday... mid 40's but still snow covered. Evidently the spiders didn't get the message that its not spring and we have an arctic blast moving in today...🥶
20230220_131212.jpg
20230220_125821.jpg

Reactions: Lawless
Was out painting targets at the range yesterday... mid 40's but still snow covered. Evidently the spiders didn't get the message that its not spring and we have an arctic blast moving in today...🥶View attachment 8080285View attachment 8080286
My grandson loves to find them. He was thrilled the other day when a survivor wolf about 2” was under some firewood.

You Sir, should be embarrassed for mentioning that town on this forum 😄.

SE Oklahoma; the only part of the country with more pot shops than Dollar Generals...and we have a bunch of Dollar Generals.
Ha! True. I don’t claim that town though I do own land there. My wife says we stick out when we do go into town because we have all of our teeth and our truck isn’t held together with tape and wire.

Was out painting targets at the range yesterday... mid 40's but still snow covered. Evidently the spiders didn't get the message that its not spring and we have an arctic blast moving in today...🥶View attachment 8080285View attachment 8080286

Crazy warming during day followed by cold nights - mosquitoes missed the memos too. Weirdest thing being attacked while in Northface jacket.