• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Funny prices I have seen on gunbroker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    05BB8C1A-D87F-4FEC-A752-C872AEBDC0B6.png

Yeah, or 1K Hornady 224 cal, 55gr FMJ. No Reserve auction. Bid now $.20/ea plus shipping

6.5 143 ELDX, 2 bxs. No reserve at $160 plus shippn. Powder selling $80lb. Or cs CCI 22 SV at $1000. And on an on.

new buyers and panic buyers dont know better. I mean, look at the RCBS Summit press they are going for ~$600 on ebay when this time last year they were plentiful and were cheap $190.

Last edited:
    I watch and have watched GB for years. But I filter and only watch the No Reserve auctions that start from 0.01-1.00. Its really an eyeopener now

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    But vintage stuff and high end shotguns, etc are going begging. Buyers market there!

Last gun show I went to was about a year ago, right before Wuhanachoflu. Even then anything black rifle was insane priced. I bought a mint baby Browning for under $200. Amazing Winchester’s were available for a song. Bought a 1912 Colt SAA with period carved grips for 1200.

But Olympic arms beat up AR... 900.

Buy what the other guy isn’t buying.

Sirhr

But vintage stuff and high end shotguns, etc are going begging. Buyers market there!

Last gun show I went to was about a year ago, right before Wuhanachoflu. Even then anything black rifle was insane priced. I bought a mint baby Browning for under $200. Amazing Winchester’s were available for a song. Bought a 1912 Colt SAA with period carved grips for 1200.

Sirhr
    I agree the threat of banning has put the ar on a pedestal. People think it will be like before the weapons ban. But the ar was not as popular and the accessory market wasn’t like it was when Clinton passed that. Now their is thousands more manufacturers and 10s of millions more guns. It is almost impossible to do a ban right now. The manufacturers lawyers would fight all the way.

Reactions: Eric_F and Jsp556
    I agree the threat of banning has put the ar on a pedestal. People think it will be like before the weapons ban. But the ar was not as popular and the accessory market wasn’t like it was when Clinton passed that. Now their is thousands more manufacturers and 10s of millions more guns. It is almost impossible to do a ban right now. The manufacturers lawyers would fight all the way.
    I'm one of those in quite the panic right now fearing some unconstitutional ban.. I've traded and had higher end ARs for ten years.. I found myself with nothing several months ago, and have since added a 10.5" 300 Blk pistol by midwest industries (only decent one I could find after the election), and a palmetto GF3 AK (which popped up randomly 2 weeks ago, never in stock. I have a stripper lower, lower parts kit, but I'm curious/wondering do I need to rush to finish my mid-length build to round out my 3 guns, or can I wait a month or so and build it our the right way, with better upper, CH, trigger, stock, etc... Is it pretty much assumed we have a few months before any potential ban or can that come out of nowhere and totally obliterate the market. Such a damn shame what's going on.

No need to go to gunbroker just look at some of the listings in the PX.

Win 6.5CM ammo for $2.50/rd
    Hdy 1x brass $1.50/ea
    8# powder and 3k primers $700

Then you still get guys posting WTB for shit that’s in stock but “don’t want to pay retail”. Makes you wonder what planet they were on for the last 4 years.

I'm one of those in quite the panic right now fearing some unconstitutional ban.. I've traded and had higher end ARs for ten years.. I found myself with nothing several months ago, and have since added a 10.5" 300 Blk pistol by midwest industries (only decent one I could find after the election), and a palmetto GF3 AK (which popped up randomly 2 weeks ago, never in stock. I have a stripper lower, lower parts kit, but I'm curious/wondering do I need to rush to finish my mid-length build to round out my 3 guns, or can I wait a month or so and build it our the right way, with better upper, CH, trigger, stock, etc... Is it pretty much assumed we have a few months before any potential ban or can that come out of nowhere and totally obliterate the market. Such a damn shame what's going on.
    That’s a negative the world will end tomorrow and covid is turning people into zombies and Biden is actually a alien sent to drive up gun and ammo prices so only the rich can afford to defend themselves.

Reactions: Sidewinder66
    $1675 for a lmt 6.5 cm barrel and $1495 for a stripped lmt mars h lower. At this rate the entire rifle assembled will cost $10,000!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-140411_Brave.jpg
      Screenshot_20210116-140411_Brave.jpg
      152.5 KB · Views: 93
    • Screenshot_20210116-140438_Brave.jpg
      Screenshot_20210116-140438_Brave.jpg
      193.4 KB · Views: 109

Sirhr
    pics of the SAA Colt please:)

Things are getting worse, not better. The cabelas near me doesn't even have a section for pistol ammo anymore. It's not even empty shelves, it's literally other merchandise. Magpul mags will be next to go. We won't see improvement until 2022 if we're lucky and that's only if the dems don't push anything through this year.

Last edited:
    I just bought the parts to build another AR for my dad last week. BA barrel, toolcraft TiN lightweight bcg (all they had) with a seekins adustable gas block and AIM aftermarket trigger at 3.5lbs. Magpul stock, grip etc. The only thing I really cheaped out on was the handguard. It's an off brand, but it's still 6061 and it was $60. We'll see how that goes. All in was under a grand and I'm expecting it to perform better than most off the shelf ARs after it's tuned.

Availability sucks, but the situation isn't nearly bad enough to justify what people are paying right now. After Sandy Hook was worse.

Those are crazy prices, yet in my area things are relatively normal. The price of some stuff (5.56,9mm,12ga) are high ,but other ammo and guns are normal prices. Big thing around here is everyone is limiting amounts you can purchase. 1-2 boxes/day.

Wt_ .... Seeing some of these prices that people are paying... is crazy.

And I get it, people don't realize what they could have paid earlier this year... but wow, just wow.

Wow...I sold 150 rounds of that same federal gold medal match 308 to a friend for $150 3 weeks ago, who would have thought it was worth triple lol. I no longer have my DD 308. I am glad I took that money to stock a little up on 300 blackout when it came up on PSA for $1 each.

After checking GB now, I don't feel bad about paying $800 2 weeks ago for a Palmetto AK with Magpul, I see they are in the $1400 range tonight. Geez.

I guess the market was used to a decent private-sale supply, and now with demand through the roof + almost nobody is selling anything (fearing a ban)...

Wow, looking now at 300 Blackout on GB thanks to this thread. I had the opportunity to buy unlimited when I saw it come on PSA last month, I only got 500 or so for $500... It's easily worth double, probably triple on GB now. Insanity. Guess I won't be shooting that gun anytime soon.

Wow, looking now at 300 Blackout on GB thanks to this thread. I had the opportunity to buy unlimited when I saw it come on PSA last month, I only got 500 or so for $500... It's easily worth double, probably triple on GB now. Insanity. Guess I won't be shooting that gun anytime soon.
    Roll your own and save.

5 cents for powder, 18 cents for 209gr hi-tek coated bullets and 50 cents for the primer. I form with .223 range brass, which is all over the place for free right now. Blackout components are still pretty easy to come by in my area.

Let’s see where this one goes. Last one of these 5000 ct lots went for over $1,850.00. Thought I was watching that one but must have cleared from my list

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
    Here you go. Better grab it while you can. Now likely to last long at that price...😁
    Found a couple more deals while I was looking...😱

Attachments

• 20210116_195032.jpg
      20210116_195032.jpg
      101.2 KB · Views: 211
    • 20210116_195159.jpg
      20210116_195159.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 209
    • 20210116_195135.jpg
      20210116_195135.jpg
      82 KB · Views: 212
    I saw large rifle and pistol primers on the shelf this week, $30/1k. Didn't buy any as I didn't need any. 🤷‍♂️ Lots of places taking back orders at reasonable prices, if I order before I'm out then I should be fine. What I don't like it the smaller dealers that aren't putting anything on shelves and just putting it on gunrboker. They're free to do so and I'm free to not shop there anymore. The people bidding up glocks and AR's when all the stores here have them on the shelf for less than GB (but maybe more than normal) makes no sense to me. But I guess if you need it now its worth the premium to them.

I gotta admit, my gut tells me we are far from peak price insanity...

A friend of mine brought up a good point just a few minutes ago. At least in 2013, you could still get Lapua Center X or SK Match for their standard prices during that panic (I didn't shoot "match" .22 back then). With the rise in popularity of .22LR, that ain't gonna happen this time, it's already jumping up.

I still have some low pressure .223 that I could probably sell, but that’s about the only caliber.

Sand cutters are selling for >$400 easily on ARF. The question is why? Fine, AR-15s get banned. Are bolt carriers banned too or do people think Knights won’t produce/make available commercially sand cutters again after a ban? To be fair that listing has an SR-16 chrome bolt that isn’t commercially available anymore and was selling for $700ish fairly recently on ARF.

Edit: Bolt in the as is actually more likely a phosphated bolt with the finish worn off and/or purposely removed...which is a scam.

Last edited:
    Reactions: bfoosh006
    I still have some low pressure .223 that I could probably sell, but that’s about the only caliber.

Sand cutters are selling for >$400 easily on ARF. The question is why? Fine, AR-15s get banned. Are bolt carriers banned too or do people think Knights won’t produce/make available commercially sand cutters again after a ban? To be fair that listing has an SR-16 chrome bolt that isn’t commercially available anymore and was selling for $700ish fairly recently on ARF.

Edit: Bolt in the as is actually more likely a phosphated bolt with the finish worn off and/or purposely removed...which is a scam.
    FWIW... I had heard scuttlebutt the anti's were going to try to ban online sales of black rifle "Parts" as well... I never heard about it again, but it won't surprise me.
    Every failure on their part makes them reach for more and more.

From Bidens anti page..

"End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts."

• Wow
    Reactions: Sidewinder66
    Status
    Not open for further replies.