• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

aaronraby1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2010
southern california
www.facebook.com
just a little action from yesterday...
first stand of the day at first light, had him come in at about 6-8 minutes. he tried circling around but little did he know that i was set up for that reason... put him right in my lap.
old.jpg

this must be the oldest dog i have ever shot!! oldest and wisest, outsmarted by me. cant ask for a better kill.
gummer.jpg

here i am...
camo.jpg

i was calling for cats here but old wiley decided he he was going to come and play. i dropped the first one early on, continued calling hoping a cat would show, but no, another dog decided he was going to come play as well.
coyote3.jpg

i took four yesterday. i didnt take a picture of the fourth. she was a pretty female. i took her with my shotgun at about 30 yards. she came from my left as a pair of chinooks flew over. which was quite loud. she perked up on a rock with her two front feet and took a look, but all she could see was T shot coming at her.

Re: fur down.

Great pix. What's your longest kill with that T shot? I've got it but hadn't had the chance to put it on fur yet.

Will that duck camoflaggy really work for 'yotes too
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing,
Breeze

thanks guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great pix. What's your longest kill with that T shot? I've got it but hadn't had the chance to put it on fur yet.

Will that duck camoflaggy really work for 'yotes too
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing,
Breeze </div></div>

around the 50 yard mark is the longest ive shot dogs using dead coyote in 3.5" here in southern california we have shotgun only areas and most of the areas where we use shotguns are really thick cover so you dont always get a long shot. i have a friend that had made a shot on a dog close to 100 yards. one lucky pellet hit him in the head. he also uses carlsons choke tube. i use the HS undertaker(its the only super full choke that they make for my shotgun). seems like they carry at distance. just remember that when using shotgun, put that bead right on their noggin! hahahaa!! duck camo is the way to go, didnt you know? haha

Phenomenal work buddy!!! glad to see you getting some action over there on the left coast, think about moving... and i'll get you set up with a can, you won't regret it, Trust me!!! LOL!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phenomenal work buddy!!! glad to see you getting some action over there on the left coast, think about moving... and i'll get you set up with a can, you won't regret it, Trust me!!! LOL!!! </div></div>

thank you and you know i will!!!

I had shot a coyote couple years back on my farm and said the same thing as you. Damn that is an old critter, as his teeth looked just like yours in the first photo.Just happened to have the vet out that day looking at some livestock and happened to mention it to him, he wanted to see the teeth and said it probably was not age related. upon further inspection he said just what he thought it was. Distemper! said it is very common and is exactly what it does to their teeth and will kill them. yours may have had the same thing. Nice days work!

It didn't dawn on me until skinney's post. Looking again at your pix, it does remind me of back when I was stationed in Long Beach, we use to go out to an area between Hemet & Santee to do our shooting. Used to whack jack rabbits, but it was back before I even thought about coyote hunting.

Damn that was a quick blast from 20 years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It didn't dawn on me until skinney's post. Looking again at your pix, it does remind me of back when I was stationed in Long Beach, we use to go out to an area between Hemet & Santee to do our shooting. Used to whack jack rabbits, but it was back before I even thought about coyote hunting.

Damn that was a quick blast from 20 years ago. </div></div>

haha. yup, there are tons of jacksons out there! i actually live right next to long beach!