• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Fusion Firearms

Re: Fusion Firearms

I've never had experience with them but the seem pretty expensive... even more so than Kimber...

Bob makes some pretty nice handguns. Not priced to bad figuring they are a custom 1911. Some time would like to own one of his 10mm. Everything can be custom ordered and made to your specs. Have talked to him a few times on ordering one. CS is pretty good too. Check out - http://forums.1911forum.com/. Look in the Fusion section

If the prices were a little better, I'd have built one of his kits myself.

I don't own one, but everything I have heard about them is pretty positive. Also, as someone mentioned, they do seem to have very good customer service. I think that for what they offer, they are priced pretty well.

I had a longslide 10mm. Absolutely an excellent pistol.
Compared to other custom 1911's it is a very good price.
I've owner a Wilson Professional and a Brown Cobra Carry, the Fusion was every bit as well built and more accurate than either of them.

I have one of Fusions 10mm 1911's with a light rail I purchased a few years ago. This is a very nice pistol that is everything a big name builders pistol is.

I have an alloy frame Fusion 9mm CCO that I bought from the guy that ordered it from Fusion. He had it just a few months before needing to sell it. Beautiful gun but it had function issues that turned out to be due to the configuration the guy ordered. I spoke to Bob Serva, the owner of Fusion, who was a huge help, and after trying everything he suggested the gun still didn't run right and he had me send it back (Fusion covered the shipping both ways). They milled the frame and fitted a new fully ramped barrel, tuned the extractor and tweaked whatever else needed attention. Bob gave me my choice of finishes for the frame so it ended up two-tone when it was originally all black, and I had them fit a different trigger and instal a slightly shorter front sight (it was shooting low). Bob covered everything except the new trigger and sight under warranty. Now the gun runs perfect. It is ridiculously accurate, looks great, and is a joy to carry, thanks to the light weight and CCO dimensions. I couldn't be more pleased with the gun or the service, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one.

Scott%20H%209mm%20CCO%202-tone-4.jpg

Scott%20H%209mm%20CCO%202-tone-2.jpg

Bob is great to talk with. How many companies do you know of where the owner talks to you? There is nothing but positive feedback about their products. (Do some web searches.) I am planning on having him build me one as soon as the funds build up.

You may want to check this thread out
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235302

In a nut shell-Fusion started out pretty solid then prices went up, build times got way off of quoted, and pistols started showing up in a very different condition than was promised or one would expect at the price point.

I had a firearm refinished from them that ended up more jacked up then it was before hand (see the referenced thread above).

Some people have had great experiences with them. My sense is that they represent a significant risk as you might hit with a great sidearm or a bit of turd.

Ordered a commander in Sept. was told four months build time.

Still waiting.

I wouldn't.
I'm sure Bob is very nice.
Too many plausible and verifiable stories of pistols leaving that had unasked for parts substitutions or unrequested/incorrect work done, guns that won't function through a complete mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered a commander in Sept. was told four months build time.

Still waiting. </div></div>

Yikes, twice the build time already-good luck.

I have a Fusion frame that came as ordered in the time frame quoted. CS was great. I had a friend build it out with Ed Brown parts. Been a great pistol so far. I have no complaints.

if you want a frame/slide kit, google Remsport. They supplied many of Fusion's, they're extremely high quality forgings and they will serrate, checker and bobtail things as you request at very reasonable prices.

Just got word pistol should ship Friday. Also I was told the company builds the frames themselves.

Here are some better pictures

[img:center]
Mark_G_T-comm_2-T_IonXL-4xx.jpg
[/img]

MarkGT-comm2-TIonXL-2xx.jpg
[/img]

Mark_G_T-comm_2-T_IonXL-8xx.jpg
[/img]

I own a complete Fusion and bought one of their frames for a .22 marvel conversion build.

Fusion is the only 1911 I really suggest to anyone anymore. I say that having owned Kimber, Colt, Armscor, STI, and Nighthawk Custom 1911s. I got my Fusion 1911, built exactly how I liked it for a price within $100 of what I paid for my STI Trojan. Unlike the Trojan, the Fusion arrived with no MIM parts in it and I didn't have the urge to replace any of the parts in it. (The STI has a new ignition kit, trigger, and a new slidestop which makes it well more expensive than the fusion)

Kimber and Fusion aren't in the same ballpark. The Fusion pistols are better made in every regard and lack the silly lawyer parts that do nothing but make a trigger worse and complicate stripping. I'll never personally own another Series II or Colt Series 90.

Thats one of the things that turned me on to Fusion is the plain jane construction.