• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Fvsr narrowed it down

RandomWAguy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
PNW
I have narrowed it down to the weaver tactical grand slam or the falcon menace. Going to be using this rifle as my trainer getting into long range shooting, been creeping around for a whole on here seems like these two are both great choices. Any reason to go one way more than another?

Also putting one of them togeather. Priamary Arms also makes a FFP scope similar to the falcon for $220ish. I'm still undecided on mine. I probably would of allready ordered the weaver if I hadn't allready bought 30mm rings. I'm going to be shooting mine out to 300 yards if it will reach.

I've got a midway Vortex Viper in 4-16x42 that's I think I'm going to mount on mine for the time being. I'd buy another, but their out of stock at the moment. I've tried to convence myself on the Falcon, but the Vortex is just a few bucks more when it's on sale. Usually free shipping too.

From a few days worth of reading this is how I think they stack up. The midway Vortex viper is alot of scope for the money to find anything similar is going to cost $800 or more. The warranty is great too.

Vortex Viper 5-15x42 $400-500 great lifetime warranty
Weaver 3-10 $300-400 lifetime warranty
Falcon menace 4-16 $360 limited lifetime warranty
Primary Arms 4-16 $230 3 year warranty

Last edited:
People seem to like the BSA
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/45...il-adjustments-first-focal-mrad-reticle-matte

I am thinking about picking one up for the same thing.

Pretty much everything else I'm looking at is on m6z list right now. Can't decided. Might pick up two if I can swing it money wise.

I looked at the BSA too, but I've marked it off my list since the Primary Arms scope is the same price and Primary Arms has awsome customer service if you were to have a problem with it.

I put the Bushnell Elite 3200 ($200-$250) on mine. It is fixed 10X which is the only downfall but it is not a problem for a trainer rifle. I use a Bushnell Elite 4200 mil/mil scope for my primary long range rifle therefore I want to keep the same language and feel. The Bushnell Elite 3200 has better quality glass than the Falcon Menace. The Weaver Grand Slam along with the Vortex Viper are second focal plane.

I prefer the SWFA scopes, but I picked up a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x in mil/mil for $105 after a rebate and a sale price from Midway, which I put on my FVSR. The Bushy doesn't have an adjustable focus (parallax) which is one reason why I prefer the SWFA ss scopes.

Thanks for all the input so far guys. Plan to do some shooting as close as 25 yards, haven't checked parallax on bushnell would I have an issue shooting that close? I'm still leaning towards the falcon due to 1st focal @ great price, any other scopes in that range similar features I should consider?

That was a hell of a deal last year. I had to read the rebate form three times when Bushnell came out with the $75 rebate on all Elite line of scopes just to make sure they were not excluding the 3200. I do like the parallax feature on the SWFA scope but the glass is about apples to apples.

well i see on another post that the falcons are all sold out for meow. so new question going with a fixed 10x get the bushnell or the SWFA SS??

The midway Vortex is very nice. Extreamly happy with it.

DSCN5157_zps9627b18f.jpg

DSCN5166_zps4287ffe8.jpg