• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

fx 120 v3 and area 419 powder cup

afv338

anthony
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
pa
i just got my system back up and running and received a area 419 powder cup before i pull the rubber stop off the plate top as i see no other way to get the cup centered, do you put it back on with the cup centered.

I got this for the Chargemaster, and it comes with the handled powder cup ... and the base that you use to replace the one that comes stock with the Chargemaster. Works awesome for me.

The v3 cup is meant to go with the V3 platen that 419 sells.

So I continue to get an "E" when I have my area 419 plate on fx120 and take the 419 cup off might want to hold on to the original one. It should show a negative number with the cup off when zeroed but shows an "E" instead. I bought mine second hand and will probably order the original setup from autotrickler website.

Attachments

• 13786E95-1C41-44E8-BCC6-1BE42A169B21.jpeg
    13786E95-1C41-44E8-BCC6-1BE42A169B21.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 14
So I continue to get an "E" when I have my area 419 plate on fx120 and take the 419 cup off might want to hold on to the original one. It should show a negative number with the cup off when zeroed but shows an "E" instead. I bought mine second hand and will probably order the original setup from autotrickler website.

Recalibrate your scale with a check weight.

When you turn it on, it zeros to whatever is on the platen. Anything less than that weight will read " - E ". Doing a cal with an empty platen then just the check weight will reset your zero point to just the platen weight, then you would be able to put the cup on and zero as normal.

...or if that fails, unplug it, wait 30s, then plug it back in and turn it on again without the cup on the platen. A Sikorski reset works 60% of the time, every time.

Reactions: K80/6.5

When you turn it on, it zeros to whatever is on the platen. Anything less than that weight will read " - E ". Doing a cal with an empty platen then just the check weight will reset your zero point to just the platen weight, then you would be able to put the cup on and zero as normal.

...or if that fails, unplug it, wait 30s, then plug it back in and turn it on again without the cup on the platen. A Sikorski reset works 60% of the time, every time.
Thank you I will give a try!

good info as i haven't used mine for some time as i moved my reloading room and broke a cable on mine. here is good info i recently ordered new cables 4 2 Moters and a bunch of belts replicant parts are very reasonable but i waited a long time for them. and with the new v4 i was worried about the availability down the road.

What T-Rex said, but in addition after you calibrate, make sure the scale is zeroed without the powder cup, then place the powder cup on the scale, let it settle then hit the zero key on the scale to zero it with the powder cup. This way the scale will read a negative value when you remove the powder cup instead of -E. I believe this will also help with scale drift. It will also help detect if a grain of powder gets on the scale because the negative reading without the powder cup will be a different value.