• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FX-120i Setup

combatgrunt84

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
Littlestown, PA
So i got an FX-120i and I'm trying to figure out how to set it up for grains. I did find a few youtube videos but mine only allows me to select Grams, %, CT, PCS even after i try to change the default units.

Also how can I do a "Factory Reset"

The guide should walk you step-by-step on what to do.

Attachments

• autotrickler_v3.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 260
Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
Besides disconnecting it for a couple of minutes and reconnecting it, not sure what else to do? When you are in the menu and you are following everything, it still doesn't give you GN on the top right corner?

As @TheOfficeT-Rex posted you need to add or remove "Units" through the menu.
The order that Units are added is the order they will cycle through the menu.

So you need to clear all of them and select Grains first then any other Unit types you wish to add.
It is a little confusing so just keep trying untill you get it right.

When you get to the unit menu, try pressing the re-zero key on grams, then cycle through with sample to get to GN.

I presume you already tried to change units without the menu? Last chance before sending it back would be to set a custom unit that mimics the GN coefficient.

Also, +1 for phil in the background audio 😂

Lol thanks watching the Tour Re Runs

So it still wont allow show grains lol. I even went thru and made sure it was reset to all the factory defaults.

I guess I will have to give them a call

So i got an FX-120i and I'm trying to figure out how to set it up for grains. I did find a few youtube videos but mine only allows me to select Grams, %, CT, PCS even after i try to change the default units.

I have the same problem, trying to set mine up .

Did you call either the vendor or AND? They should be able to walk you through a factory reset over the phone.

Or, if you catch this outside of business hours, you could always program a custom unit using the coefficient for grains. ;)

I had this on an FX, grains was not an available unit in the menu options to add. I could find nothing on the net, only the standard manual pdf. I phoned them and they talked me through a hidden menu to add the option. Job done.

Paul

Contact A&D they will walk you through it . Takes a few steps

Alrighty this is what I got from A&D. Do it at your own risk but it fixed my problem. Posting it here to help fellow members out.

• Turn Unit Off, but make sure it’s still plugged in
  • Hold PRINT and RE-ZERO —Turn the Scale ON while holding PRINT and RE-ZERO, quickly let go of PRINT and hit it twice but keep holding RE-ZERO before the scale powers ON. All the Lights on the screen will eliminate.
  • Then Hold RE-ZERO and PRINT
  • Unit will appear on the screen
  • Then Select SAMPLE (Allows you to scroll through all the weights)
  • Select Grams and hit RE-ZERO (This Saves the Choice) IF YOU WANT OR YOU CAN JUST GO TO GRAINS.
  • Select Grains (GN) and hit RE-ZERO (This Saves the Choice)
  • Then hit PRINT
  • Turn OFF and turn ON
  • Select Unit and you should have both Grams and Grains or vice versa if you skipped one or the other.
  • You should be good to go.

Resurrecting an old on here. But does anyone know how to restore the scale to factory settings so I can reprogram the v4. My uncle had some issues getting to grains and tried to program but not thinks he messed up and we want to start from scratch and re program from default factory settings.

Thanks

Is it a full factory reset or not?
There is a list of parameters that will be set to factory setting but not sure there are all parameters of the scale.
Screenshot_20221109-231854_Chrome.jpg