• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FX120 Auto Trickler calibration

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • So maybe I need to read a little deeper but hopefully the hive can give me a quick answer based on experience. I just received an new FX120 with Auto Trickler and it was a breeze to set up and get running but after throwing a few charges I realized I didn’t bother to calibrate it after setting up. I added the cup stop to the tray and now I’m wondering about how that will affect calibration.
    Do I need to remove the stop from the tray before I use the external 100g calibration weight? Logic tells me I should but this is a totally different balance system from the diamond scale I’ve been using. Any insight hood be greatly appreciated. I did notice when I had the cup zeroed and added the 100g weight, the result was a bit light so I assume a calibration is in order.

Leave the tray and stop alone. Calibrate it with your 100 G weight without the cup.

Leave the tray and stop alone. Calibrate it with your 100 G weight without the cup.
    That's how I do it as well. I also use the same 100g weight each time I calibrate the scale so I'm always calibrating to the same standard.

I leave the tray alone. Every time I have calibrated the scale it has been VERY close anyway. I think it was .04 grains off when I pulled it out of the box.
    I also use gloves when I touch the weight.

Why are you guys turning off the scale after calibration 'end'. I can't find anything in the manual stating turning it off and removing the weight. I think I saw another video with a guy doing the same thing. Is there an update or something that I missed?

Why are you guys turning off the scale after calibration 'end'. I can't find anything in the manual stating turning it off and removing the weight. I think I saw another video with a guy doing the same thing. Is there an update or something that I missed?
    If you remove the weight after ‘end,’ there is no need to turn off the scale.

If you remove the weight after ‘end,’ there is no need to turn off the scale.
    The video shows him turning the scale off after it says 'end' , and removes the weight. Thats why I asked where did this method come from.

Last edited:
    Ok NiteQwill, I was just confused on which method to use. I'll stick with the manual for now, unless someone can explain other wise

Reactions: NiteQwill
    Do you guys generally leave the scales on and connected to power continuously to keep the electronics "warm"

I found I get the best results with my cheaper scales adhering to this.

i leave mine in the standby mode which is what the manual suggests. The display will have a little arrow on the left side when in stand by. Then when you use it just use the power on/off button,
    Seems a lot of people leave them on all the time (full display on). I don't know enough about these scales other than to do what the manual says.

Last edited:
    I unplug mine when I finish, I don't want this thing getting zapped by lightening or something. I just plug it in and let it warm up for a while when I want to use it. I don't shut it off after I calibrate it either never have heard of that before, won't you want to recalibrate when you turned it back on? Endless loop.

Y’all are calibrating your scales??? I just plug it in, let it warm up for 30 min or so, turn it on, and go
    ... what weights are y’all using

I unplug mine when I finish, I don't want this thing getting zapped by lightening or something. I just plug it in and let it warm up for a while when I want to use it. I don't shut it off after I calibrate it either never have heard of that before, won't you want to recalibrate when you turned it back on? Endless loop.

Surge Protectors my dude.