• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FYI Burris XTR II Rifle Scope - 5-25x50 Great price!!

Greensnake

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Cleveland, GA
Have been looking for a scope for my Valk build. Was wanting to try out something new, and then found this. And since I already have 4 and they work great on all my trainer builds, I said what the heck. Out the door at $527. Forgot to add use the extra 10% off code at top of page too

Last edited:
Has the glass improved over the original offerings?
I use one of the early offerings in 3-15, while very usable, the glass is a bit underwhelming

You jerk why did you post this...just ordered one as a back up.

Wow. What a great deal!!

And yes, the glass has improved. Lots of people have noted that current models are better than older versions.

Wow. What a great deal!!

And yes, the glass has improved. Lots of people have noted that current models are better than older versions.
I've got a 5-25 with the tungsten ring......so same as what I'm ordering here as in latest?

I've got a 5-25 with the tungsten ring......so same as what I'm ordering here as in latest?

Not necessarily. The Tungsten ring was in use as soon as they went from the 8 mil turret to the 10 mil. So it's not part of the first release, but some of those early ones still had some parallax and clarity issues.

Everything I have seen within the last two years looks pretty good. I picked up a new 5-25 and slapped it on a 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun I have about a year ago. Several of us at the range thought it stacked up great against my buddies MK 5 HD 5-25 Leupy.. I'm not saying you can expect that. The Burris is less than half the price of that Leupold. But the glass on that particular scope is great.

Both my 4-20's bought within the last couple years also have very good glass. I've never had a PRS target I couldn't resolve and hit.

Last edited:
Ok thanks man good enough.....at this price I can't not get a back up if it's as good or better than what I have I mean dang.

Just bought a 4-20 mil dot. Now need a rifle to put it on, I’m sure I will think of something

Reactions: Birddog6424
It says it is in stock, but when I view it in my cart it says it is out of stock?

It says it is in stock, but when I view it in my cart it says it is out of stock?
Says out of stock now on the product page as well, probably just the two systems slow to react or maybe it was cached one way in your browser but it appears they are all gone now.

My order processed at 1514 EDT and I have 2 of these coming. I purposely didn’t reply in my thread because I didn’t want them to be gone before I finished my research and order. Someone else let the cat out of the bag in my thread and then this thread came up and thank god I got my order processed.

If you’re looking for a LPVO for an AR or a shorty rifle the XTR 2 1-5 is a damn nice scope. I have one and it’s hard not to buy another one when they’re $400 right now. Someone needs to buy them before I break out the CC again.

My 4-20 mildot arrived waiting on a mount now. Glass looks amazing granted I just have a Leupold vx-r pro to compare it to but glass is very clear and no noticeable edge to edge distortion. The scope is going on a 20 inch precision 5.56 precision AR for the time being looking forward to seeing what this rifle can do since the present optic wasn't the best for groups. Will try and get up a decent review in a few weeks.

Has the glass improved over the original offerings?
I use one of the early offerings in 3-15, while very usable, the glass is a bit underwhelming

I just got a replacement 5-25 this past Tuesday, sent from Burris when I sent my early production one back for inspection. The glass has improved. It's still not great glass, but it's usable. While there is still CA, the fringing is not as bad (in fact, before I could see yellow and purple fringing at the same time when looking through it, and now, I have to shift my eye around to see purple or yellow fringing). It's still washed out a bit on higher mag, but, overall they have improved it a bit.

Bear in mind, for the cost these days, it's a great scope and very usable. That being said, it isn't ever going to be Gen II Razor quality glass (nor should it expected to be at its price point).

JMTCW...

My 2 arrived today. I’ll look through them on Monday and see how they are. Interested to see how it compares to my Weaver 3-15 iEMDR, Super Chicken 5-20 HD and 3-9 HD, hell even the fixed power line. If the Burris are as good glass wise as the fixed 6s I have and are as durable as people say they are I’ll be very pleased.

They're back in stock!

I knew they’d get more. Get them while you can before they raise the price up. They tend to do that after a big blowout sale. There’s some other scopes I have my eye on to put on cheaper rifles I have. The price is ridiculous on them.

I've have an early 3-15 with the 8 mil elevation turret and G2B reticle. I actually prefer the simplicity of the G2B mildot with the hafl-mil hash marks. I have no complaints with the glass in my particular example and the tracking consistency has been amazing. After mulling over some advice here on SH and other forums about the 4-20 vs the 5-25, I think I will get better overall performance out of the 4-20. I just ordered a 4-20 G2B at the Natchez advertised $564 sale price. Hopefully, the one I get was built after the initial glass quality QC issues.

Last edited:
I also like the G2B. It's simple and easy to use.

I doubt anything currently for sale new carries around any of the issues associated with older versions. Burris has been selling the crap out of the XTR II for 5 years now. There's no way a vendor has had one doing shelf time for the last two years.

And good Lord, that is one hell of a good price on that optic!

Reactions: wbbh
Natchez refuses to sell to TN residents they can suck it.
They don't sell to TN residents because they don't want to take away from local businesses as they are located in TN as well. It's good on them.

Before anyone gets all self righteous TN is a very long fucking state people in Memphis are about 400 miles away from Chattanooga... While NC and SC are a hop skip and a jump away (as is GA, AL, MS....)

It's a dumb policy.

Before anyone gets all self righteous TN is a very long fucking state people in Memphis are about 400 miles away from Chattanooga... While NC and SC are a hop skip and a jump away (as is GA, AL, MS....)

It's a dumb policy.
Before anyone gets self-entitled, lets realize it's a good thing they don't have to please everyone.

It's funny because you see people bitching all the time on how stores like walmart and online shops like amazon are taking away from the mom and pop shops... but then someone does something like this and people are equally as pissed because they can't score a good deal. I think it is better for them to piss off people with a TN address then to fuck over a mom and pop shop.

I'm with you, I currently have a TN address, and when I went to buy it the first time it was out of stock so it didn't matter. There are other places to get good deals from, you'll be ok.

I better they are pretty worried about loosing the business of someone who can't buy from them. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

This thread is not about your beef with Natchez.

Personally I would never buy another XTR at least until the III's come out so yes I will be ok.... When it pisses me off is when whatever unicorn dust that we are currently chasing is only available at Natchez...

Again when people stop shopping at walmart and other chain stores then throw stones at me for bitching about a stupid policy and mom and pops.

I probably wouldn't buy another XTR. I would by an XTRII though. I will get the XTRIII when the XTRIV comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_TROS
I better they are pretty worried about loosing the business of someone who can't buy from them. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

TN is a very long state.... not that tall just long. It's literally about the same distance to the atlantic than it is to west TN. (I live in East TN so I'm really only about 200 miles away but still.... its not really about mom and pops at that distance.)

For the record I support mom and pops for my online stuff (look at bluecollarreloading.com for some good prices...not on scopes but bullets etc). I would rather support veteran ran business's and businesses like Mile High that support my endeavors than some store ran by a Fudd in my hometown.

It's a dumb policy.

TN is a very long state.... not that tall just long. It's literally about the same distance to the atlantic than it is to west TN. (I live in East TN so I'm really only about 200 miles away but still.... its not really about mom and pops at that distance.)

For the record I support mom and pops for my online stuff (look at bluecollarreloading.com for some good prices...not on scopes but bullets etc). I would rather support veteran ran business's and businesses like Mile High that support my endeavors than some store ran by a Fudd in my hometown.

It's a dumb policy.

? ? ? No one cares. Start your own thread to bitch about it.

Reactions: MarinePMI
? ? ? No one cares. Start your own thread to bitch about it.

Yep, pretty much. I know the owner of Natchez. He's good people; a lot better person than a lot of the bitchy ass people I've run into. But I digress...

Reactions: km77