• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FYI: CMP

cuirc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2023
    Poughkeepsie n. y.
    I just read in the most recent (today) CMP bulletin That the CPM will hold a long range shoot on June 29 and 30th Some folks may want to sign up it would be a good place to give the discipline some recognition

Sorry I thought it was more widely known The CMP is the Civilian Marksman Program They omother things are famous for running the national matches at Camp Perry Ohio where this shoot will be.

Might help to post some details. I checked their website and there is next to no info on the match. I think it says E-targets tho. Likely 1000 yard match, not really ELR

Might help to post some details. I checked their website and there is next to no info on the match. I think it says E-targets tho. Likely 1000 yard match, not really ELR
    Well sorry about that that is all they had as you said I will keep watch and I have put my name in to shoot. Long ranges are not easy to come by and any is great for practice as well as publishing long range shooting. more to come film at 11.

Here? Not really. Even less participation than NRA F-class.......Besides, everyone here needs a weblink. Just reading a bulletin pinned to your club's outhouse isn't going to get any people here interested.
    Is here where you are which is? or is here the forum group?

I’ve always wanted to shoot hi power, but there are no CMP affiliated clubs anywhere close. OKC is the closest @ 2.5 hrs away. So kinda makes it hard. Would love to go Camp Perry and watch one day.

I look at it the same way this may be the oppertunity
    Thank You
    Don't know where you are? I am in New York an 8 hour drive Truthfully I could do it every year, if i wanted to, or was motivated. I also would like to shot long range; I have a 338 Lapua with a nightforce atacr and several other long range rifles but only a 100 yd range. I am bringing my granddaughter she is 11. I gave her a 223 Remington 40x with an NX8 on itto start on along with her 22LR. I mention the scopes because in long range the scope is probably more important that the rifle.
    Have a good day