• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FYI: LaRue TranQuilo Mount works with TBAC CB suppressors!!!

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    I snagged a LaRue PredatOBR 7.62 from a buddy. He has the LaRue factory Tranquilo brake Loctited onto the .308 18” barrel. It’s a nice brake, and I really didn’t want to go through the hassle of removing it, but I have zero LaRue cans and have no interest in their 500# behemoth.

So… I was resigned to replacing the brake with a HUX or a TBAC CB, when I figured I’d try to see if it would take an Ultra-9.

Lo and behold! They fit like they were made for each other!

I don’t know if the shorter TBAC cans will have enough clearance in the blast chamber, but I assume the 7” and 9” CB cans will work.

Don’t fetish on my feet.

72662258486__D6800939-B4FE-414F-B2AD-2EA9896A3E3E.jpeg

Last edited:
    That's kinda cool dude. Did you swap the spring and buffer yet? That's gonna need it I think.

Jebus those toes....
    Not yet. The gasblock is adjustable and has a suppressed setting. Hoping that’s all it needs.

Reactions: mettee
    I snagged a LaRue PredatOBR 7.62 from a buddy. He has the LaRue factory Tranquilo brake Loctited onto the .308 18” barrel. It’s a nice brake, and I really didn’t want to go through the hassle of removing it, but I have zero LaRue cans and have no interest in their 500# behemoth.

So… I was resigned to replacing the brake with a HUX or a TBAC CB, when I figured I’d try to see if it would take an Ultra-9.

Lo and behold! They fit like they were made for each other!

I don’t know if the shorter TBAC cans will have enough clearance in the blast chamber, but I assume the 7” and 9” CB cans will work.

Don’t fetish on my feet.

View attachment 8319819
    That can’t just be coincidental. Someone copied someone.

I tried it with the TBAC Ultra 5 on my Stealth 2.0 Grendel with Tranquilo brake. The brake nose is too long, hits the first baffle.

I’ve thought about changing the Stealth to a 14.5” Grendel with TBAC FH for that reason, which would be cool. No practical difference in velocities between the 18” and 14.5" for me up at 4400-6300ft for most of my shooting spots.

Yeah, just like in real life, 5” is too short. No problem on my Ultra 9’s and I assume the 7” would probably be OK too.

Shot some M80 ball through it today. Perfect alignment. Zero issues. Only “issue” is TBAC cans are really high backpressure, so chamber fouling is pretty heavy. I have the block set for suppressed.

Uhhhh

Use at your own risk. We have not checked this out.
    Just for fun, you should snag a Tranquilo brake and check it out.

Do it for the children.

Works perfectly on a factory PredatOBR 7.62 with factory installed / Loctited Tranquilo brake. Bore guide is perfect, and live rounds show zero issues.

I’ll try to shoot a 60-second YT video mounting the suppressor and shooting.

So, put >100 rounds through the tOBR/Tranquilo Brake with zero issues. Inspected with bore cam afterward, and alignment rod is perfect.

Match made in heaven. Pleasant surprise.

That's kinda cool dude. Did you swap the spring and buffer yet? That's gonna need it I think.

Jebus those toes....

You’re right on the tuning bits. Even with the OBR gas block set to suppressed, the gun is Jamtastic with the TBAC installed. Zero issues unsuppressed.

Good call.