• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors FYI...Problems with Glock 21SF

SemperFiDawg

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2008
Dublin, Georgia
Purchased a new 21sf on the 12th. Took it to the range on the 13th and put a 4 mags thru it. Upon loading the 5th mag the mag catch fell out of the pistol. Took it home and put it back in. Loaded a full mag and put it in the pistol. Mag catch fell out again. Took it back to the dealer on the 16th and he replaced the pistol with a new one. Took it to the range on the 17th and put 12 rounds thru it. On the morning of the 18th my son went outside before daybreak and came running
back in reporting that 2 men had been in the yard but had fled into the woods when they saw him. I
grabbed the glock and ran outside seating the mag as I went down the steps. Friggin
mag catch fell out
and luckily the would be robbers kept going. Called glock c.s. and was told there had been no problems with these but asked to send it in for a fix.
Called the dealer and he would not replace it again but agreed to send it in for a fix.
Took it back to him to send back an bought an xd 45. I plan to sell it when it comes back if its fixed. That's mornin with my son made it very clear to me that an undependable gun could have been disasterous. I had a glock 22 that I never had a problem with and that's why I bought glock, but this ended my blind loyality to the company.

Update: 3 weeks and no word or gun back from Glock. Have heard that Glock plans to scrap their new releases of other models with this design, but that is unconfirmed.

Re: FYI...Problems with Glock 21SF

While I think its sad that the 21sf didn't hold up to the expectations that Glocks have, I'm sure Glock will make it right.

I much prefer the G21 SF wiht normal (non picatinny) rail and normal (old style, left side) mag release.
The picantiny rail is too bulky and sharp, and the ambi mag release is much more complicated than the old one.

Wasn't anything wrong w/ the G21.........
Like the GAP, said it was a dud as soon as I heard it was being released, and no reason for it........( now a collectors item).

Some folks try re-inventing the wheel.

When something works, and damned well..........LEAVE it alone.

I have never, ever heard of a mag catch falling out of the glock. This is really unusual, and frankly, I think you should go buy a lottery ticket if you had the mag catch fall out of two guns multiple times while simultaneously being struck by robbers. I think your chances of being struck by lightning, mauled by a bengal tiger, and being bitten by a cobra simultaneously are much better.

I'm sorry - but your story just reeks of BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never, ever heard of a mag catch falling out of the glock. This is really unusual, and frankly, I think you should go buy a lottery ticket if you had the mag catch fall out of two guns multiple times while simultaneously being struck by robbers. I think your chances of being struck by lightning, mauled by a bengal tiger, and being bitten by a cobra simultaneously are much better.

I'm sorry - but your story just reeks of BS. </div></div>

sorry to revive a dead thread but I agree,this is complete BS.It is mechanicaly impossible for it to just "come out" with out an almost full dissasamble.I can take the gun down completely,Im not an armorer but I can strip it to all parts,thats how I can tell you it is bunk.I call B.S.

I am a Glock armorer, and I frankly just don't see how this can happen. The mag catch would have to break free from the spring (which if you've ever taken it out, you know how unlikely it is just to happen), then move sideways to fall out.

Ive had 4 glocks at one point and currently have only two. A 27 for day to day carry and then the new gen 22. Ive never had a problem with any of them.

Sucks that your having this problem. Im sure glock will fix it. Dont think poorly of them because of your one issue.

SPDSNYPR and 762SD I don't know where ya'll are from, but in my neck of the woods calling someone a liar can be hazzardous to your health. You may want to check out this thread before you say anymore especially with you being an armorer and all.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12348769
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1020366
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=5628.0

Seems I'm not the only one with the problem. That's why I posted it on here, just as an FYI, not a flame. I don't have a problem with Glock and feel sure they will do the right thing, but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SemperFiDawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but in my neck of the woods calling someone a liar can be hazzardous to your health. </div></div>

what happens in your neck of the woods to the teacher that taught you how to spell?

Seems to be a NEW and IMPROVED model........once again, I say, some folks cannot leave well enough alone.

I own a G21SF....NEVER EVER had a problem besides people calling it the ugliest pistol I own!!!

IMG_1185.jpg

Originally posted by 762SD:
Q: "what happens in your neck of the woods to the teacher that taught you how to spell?"

A: It appears he went on to become a Glock armorer.

Two Shoes.
I can't tell by the pic, but your 21SF appears to have the standard mag release. Have heard of no problems with those. Mine and all the other ones that are having problems have the Ambi mag release.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZOMBIE101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own a G21SF....NEVER EVER had a problem besides people calling it the ugliest pistol I own!!!

IMG_1185.jpg
</div></div>

That is UGLY...the tony hawk grip (tape) an mag release do hicky...it was once a beautiful gun.
smile.gif
....JK
I like to leave mine as stock as possible *except my g20 i mod'd for hunting*. I love my standard 21 other than night sight upgrade its stock an works great.

Did your broken Glock have the ambidextrous mag release. Just went through the armorer course and the ambidextrous release is a cluster. If so, put in the single side mag release and see if that clears up the issue.

good luck