• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G.A.P. Production Rifle 6MM Creed and Prime Ammo 115 first range report

Slab74

Bullets, BBQ, and Bourbon Connoisseur
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2019
SO I finally got a chance to shoot my new rifle. Let me start by saying that my first day was an absolute shit show as far as where I had to shoot. Due to everything being shut down, I had to be creative in the location. I ended up on a friend's private mountain property. It is full of oak trees and only has a couple of places that you can see 100 yards. I was given a RCBS RASS that I had never used and strapped it into the back of my truck. Once a found a spot, I had to park on a decent slope in order to get a clear line of sight to my target, which means that I was fighting the seat swiveling all day. Also, I did not figure out how to lock the rest properly until about halfway through my session. I am adding this just to give my groups context. I know that the rifle and ammo is capable of much better accuracy and this was probably the worst setup I could have chosen to test it ( I just did not have time to move).
The rifle ran 100%. Ejection was positive and nothing ever hung up using an Accurate Mag. The feeding was sticky using this mag. I had to make a very strong bolt stroke to pick up the round from the mag. Once the round left the mag, it was smooth sailing. The mag is stiff as hell, so my guess is that this will smooth out over time.
I really like the stock and once a adjusted the cheek raiser, the overall fit was great. The TT Special trigger was amazing.
The ammo I used was Prime loaded with Nosler's 115 RDF. I only shot 20 rounds total. 5 to get it sighted in, 5 over my magnetospeed, and two 5 shot groups.
The first shot with the Magnetospeed hit the exact number on the box, 2976 FPS. This was also the the fastest of the group. The numbers were pretty good until the 4th shot, which came in at 2930. I believe the SD was 21 and ES was 45. I forgot to bring my range book with me today. I also had this happen with one of my proven hand loads for my 308. The forth shot was way low in that group as well. I may need to put in a fresh battery in next trip.

Of the two 5 shot groups I shot, only the second one was after I figured out how to lock the arm on the rest. The first one was just under 2". The second one came in at .857" with the first round being a called flier. It would be the round to the right in the pic. Removing my pull, the 4 round group was .3"
I cannot wait to actually shoot this combo under more reasonable conditions and get some real data with my chronograph.

D345370F-C4F1-4489-B319-FB8E049B0276.jpeg
2DCBE68E-50F4-46E8-9540-F7E7B4C1AF4B.jpeg
I forgot to add the pics.
C6A402E6-5D55-4CA3-9943-21F1344A59C6.jpeg

Reactions: Bakwa
I tried to buy one of these rifles over a weekend where the website was having problems. Then Monday my radiator blew and there went my fun money. Wish I bought it, i'll regret that for a long time. Great looking rifle.

Not bad at all. I would like to say, having a "unusual" shooting situation teaches adaptation to the field and if you kept doing it would eventually make you a better shooter imho. It always easy to shoot with a "perfectly sound environment" but in real perspective Id rather be able to pull accurate shots off in any position, just saying. Keep it up and Nice rifle👌

-Reagan

Not bad at all. I would like to say, having a "unusual" shooting situation teaches adaptation to the field and if you kept doing it would eventually make you a better shooter imho. It always easy to shoot with a "perfectly sound environment" but in real perspective Id rather be able to pull accurate shots off in any position, just saying. Keep it up and Nice rifle👌

-Reagan
It was a learning experience for sure. Just not the best way to evaluate a new setup, but this is definitely the worst it will ever shoot.

Reactions: Widowmaker0001
So my range finally opened up again and I put another 40 rounds down the tube. I was shooting off a bench with my Harris bipod and wiebad rear bag. All shot at 200 yards. Wind about 5-10 mph. I’ve found that I’m out of practice and can’t hold it together for 5 rounds . I’m pretty happy with the Prime Ammo. I bought 200 to get things settled before I start load development. Here is all 40 rounds. No cherry-picking.
749A399A-347C-4C8F-B290-EB7BF8E53CBD.jpeg
D6E3EB02-897B-478E-A664-EAA06B082902.jpeg

Reactions: Bakwa
GA Precision makes an excellent rifle. if i was rich like you guys i would own a 3rd

Looks like she shoots. Now you just need to get familiar with her and and her personality.
Pending caliber, I'll like be in on the next "production" run with GAP.