• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G.a. precision?

chase5597

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2022
Missouri
Hey guys, signed up for shooting the GA precision steel match and was wanting to know if anyone has shot the range before and could let me know what I'm getting into. I've shot other matches at more relaxed ranges but from what I'm hearing is this one is pretty intense. Thanks in advance.

If its the same range I shot a a few years ago there will be a stage or two where there is a hill crest between you and the targets. As I recall mirage was present and I had to aim about .3-.4 tenths high to hit the targets.

Reactions: DIBBS
Hey guys, signed up for shooting the GA precision steel match and was wanting to know if anyone has shot the range before and could let me know what I'm getting into. I've shot other matches at more relaxed ranges but from what I'm hearing is this one is pretty intense. Thanks in advance.
I shoot there several times a year. Squads are large due to being limited to running 5 stages at a time. Par time is usually 99 seconds Longest shot will 1000 yds. If you shoot the two long range stages later in the morning sometimes the mirage is a bitch. The bus stage is always tough. Target size is generally pretty fair. The lower course will usually have a lot of movement on the positional stages. Props are all pretty solid. Its fun and challenging but intense is a little strong description. The large squads make for a lot of standing around which can get tiresome. You will enjoy the shooting though. Shooters are usually helpful there. Ill be in squad 5.