• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G-Shock Watch Question

SmokinAce

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2010
AZ
Anyone have a G-shack with "LED light with afterglow" in it? Looking at model AWG101-1A and I am not sure what that is or how it works. Nothing really on the net explaining it either. Debating between that model and GW530A-1V. Any opinions are welcome. Looking to stay around $80 for a g shock so if there is something else I should look at please let me know. Thanks

(PS- Want a solar atomic)

Re: G-Shock Watch Question

Thanks Shankster never looked at that site and actually found a good link.

Anyone have a opinion on either watch?

Wife got me this Cascio Solar Pathfinder for my 63rd: the manual is 1/2 thick or so it seems.... We were at Village Inn the morning after Daylight Saving kicked in.

I did not set it the night before...because I couldn't find the right page... After we placed our order I took the watch off a was going to adjust for DST. I pulled my mobile phone out of my front shirt pocket and set it so I could see the time while I attempted to set the time on the Pathfinder.

The clock on my phone read 9:05a.m. ....and holy crap...my watch had the same time.......damn watch set itself!

It's way smarter than I am. And right here in the middle -almost middle of the USA I CAN GET A WAVE READING....don't that beat all..

Oh and it's got a Barometric graph ....so I can tell when the Weather might get crappy...

By this time next yr I'll have figured out how to work the compass...

Need a PH-D 2 figr out the 'thing'.....

I like the pathfinders but the are a bit larger and more costly. My inlaws want to get this for me for Xmas so there is sort of a budget.

Ive had afew gshocks ive had a mudman for years that wont die
and a handful of others too its a good product wish it was made in the USA . im alittle weary of the solar ones my preferance
is batteries but what do I know..
Like shankster said watchuseeek has a few forums on the gshock

Gshocks are excellent watches! but what i have now after gshocks and suuntos is a casio pathfinder. it has barometer, compass and altimeter

I have a mudman, great watch for not that much money. I'm not a fan of the bands though, I have yet to find a DIY on how to change out the bands for something else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BronxFireGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a mudman, great watch for not that much money. I'm not a fan of the bands though, I have yet to find a DIY on how to change out the bands for something else. </div></div>

The G-Shock forum on Watchuseek will point you in the right direction. It will tell you how some adaptors will fit so you can use a strap (eg, NATO) of your choice.

I have an AWG-100-1A (similar watch, but different colors/hand style). Haven't broken it yet (which is pretty good for me), and it sets itself - although, in So. Cal. reception from Ft. Collins is a little spotty, so it actually sets itself every few days or so...

I like the watch - basic time is easy to read and the LED light (kinda yellow) shows the hands well. The hands also glow in the dark on their own. The solar charger works really well.

On the downside, the timer/stopwatch show up in the left small LCD window. If a hand happens to be over it, it's tough to read. Also, the LCD windows don't light up when then the LED light is turned on. And it doesn't have a second hand - if you need seconds at night, you'll need another light.