• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors G17/G19 + Ospreay + SureFire x300 = No Go ?

dvdt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Dallas,TX
Anyone running this setup?

I don't have a threaded barrel for my G17 yet.

On my G19 there's no way the can will thread on and allow me to retain the use of my x300. It's a lonewolf barrel.

Is there some type of adapter for an x300 ?

Pretty bummed.

Re: G17/G19 + Ospreay + SureFire x300 = No Go ?

A buddy of mine ran into the same issue and ended up getting a different suppressor because of it.

Yeah, wish I had thought of this 7 months ago...

1. Get a smaller light
2. Get an Extended barrel for the G19

Even with a different can, you aren't clearing the can with that large light. I have the same setup and even tried an AAC TiRant. Didn't work.

the only light that works with the set up is insight MX 3 or 6 2011 model or newer and you have to mill the bezel. :) don't mill the bezel of surfire x300 x400 or TLR 1 TLR 2 they too thin.

Jm2c. Get the can you want, change be light, not the other way around.

Extended barrel is the way to go when you want to run a full size light. I have one I can let go of if you want to PM me. :)

Maybe this is a really retarded thought, I don't own an Osprey and haven't had a chance to play with one while mounted, but...

What's stopping you from unlocking the can, rotating it 90 degrees, and locking it back down so that it's horizontal instead of vertical? Obviously it would change the balance slightly, but it shouldn't be that significant...

Has anyone tried this?