• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns G19 AIWB Kydex Holster

Which Holster?

• Tier 1 XIPHOS V2

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • G-Code Incog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tenicor Sagax

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Tenicor Certum

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • T.REX Sidecar Holster with Raptor Wing

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • PHLster Pro Holster

• Vedder Lighttuck

• Other (Comment Below)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

blbennett1288

Rivet
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 24, 2017
    Hoover, Alabama
    With the current state of world affairs I have decided it is time again to conceal carry religiously. I have read through the following SH threads as well as some on the Glock forum.

I am 5' 10" about 210lbs. Medium Athletic build. There is a bit of a gut, but it is coming down.

I am looking for a G19 AIWB Kydex holster that conceals with a tucked in outer shirt. During the week I will wear this on my commute to and from work. I work in a locked/badged office, but I will put it in a desk holster. I will put it back on for any outings outside the office or to go home. In a given weekday I would say I’d wear it 1-2hrs total per day.

I need something that will be easy on / easy off.

This holster will pull double duty as an AIWB holster with untucked shirt on the weekends. Probably 3-4hrs total per day on the weekends.

I have been looking at the following options, in no particular order, but I am open to other suggestions. Or if you would highly recommend / not recommend one of the following:

1.) Tier 1 XIPHOS V2
    2.) G-Code Incog
    3.) Tenicor Sagax or Certum
    4.) T.REX Sidecar Holster with Raptor Wing
    5.) PHLster Pro Holster
    6.) Vedder Lighttuck

I use a Trex Ragnarok with light for my 19.

It works dandy.

Im heavier than Usual by a few pounds and it works well.
    Even better as I drop a few lbs.

Would use another of their holsters.

Based on my build, the sidecar was less of a good idea (long legs, short torso)

I use a Trex Ragnarok with light for my 19.

It works dandy.

Im heavier than Usual by a few pounds and it works well.
    Even better as I drop a few lbs.

Would use another of their holsters.

Based on my build, the sidecar was less of a good idea (long legs, short torso)
    The Ragnarok is OWB, correct?

Tenicor for the win. Have messed around with a variety of IWB and AIWB holsters for G19 and other compact handguns through the years and Tenicor is the best designed for comfort and engineered well.

Reactions: blbennett1288
    The Ragnarok is OWB, correct?

Shoot, lemme look.
    Memory fades….. its like 2-3 yrs old.
    Carry daily and its comfy though.

They no longer make/sell the one I have.
    Their current holsters dont look as nice as the ones I have from about 3 yrs ago.
    My $0.02.

I also have a couple g-code OWB and they are nice holsters too.

If it helps you narrow your choices, choose a company that is not in a blue state, and one that is veteran owned.

If it helps you narrow your choices, choose a company that is not in a blue state, and one that is veteran owned.

Supporting veterans is awesome, but it shouldn’t be a disqualifying criteria for a product purchase. Lots of good civilian owned companies putting out good product as well, IMO.

I’m a Tenicor/JMCK/PHLSTER guy.

Supporting veterans is awesome, but it shouldn’t be a disqualifying criteria for a product purchase. Lots of good civilian owned companies putting out good product as well, IMO.
    There are literally hundreds of great kydex holster makers and the differences between their finished products are very often minimal.

Those of us with strong moral compasses often differentiate companies based on ethical considerations like Veteran status, country of manufacture, if it's a foreign company- who funded and controls it, U.S. state of manufacture, political views of the owner(s).

You do you.

Last edited:

i really like the tulster aiwb holster for my glock 43x. sure it's similarly great for a g19. the best thing is really the clip to your belt. super easy on and off but when on it stays on. i sold a vedder i had previously just wasn't comfortable for me. haven't tried any of your others listed. i also have a jmck that i like for another gun (either my 19 or 26, i forget which but those don't get carried now that i have the 43x).

There are literally hundreds of great kydex holster makers and the differences between their finished products are very often minimal.

Those of us with strong moral compasses often differentiate companies based on ethical considerations like Veteran status, country of manufacture, if it's a foreign company- who funded and controls it, U.S. state of manufacture, political views of the owner(s).

You do you.

I hope you’re not insinuating anything with that statement…

If a Vet owned company makes a superior product suited to your needs, rock it. My only point is that a product that may otherwise be superior to its peers and a better fit for your needs should not be overlooked merely because it is not Veteran run/made. I support vets whenever I can, but I won’t buy crap regardless of whose name is on it or their status in society. Garbage is garbage, and gold is gold. Someone’s service to the nation has zero effect on the quality of their finished product.

OP, buy what allows you to safely conceal and employ what you need to. If it’s a Veteran company, all the better.

If a Vet owned company makes a superior product suited to your needs, rock it. My only point is that a product that may otherwise be superior to its peers and a better fit for your needs should not be overlooked merely because it is not Veteran run/made. I support vets whenever I can, but I won’t buy crap regardless of whose name is on it or their status in society. Garbage is garbage, and gold is gold. Someone’s service to the nation has zero effect on the quality of their finished product.

OP, buy what allows you to safely conceal and employ what you need to. If it’s a Veteran company, all the better.

It is what it is.

I have a vedders light tuck for my hellcat and a tier 1 appendix holster that was the holster/mag holster combo. I didn’t like all of it together up front so I separated the mag holster and just run them separate. The tier 1 is finished nicer and has more adjustments. Both are plenty good. With that said I ordered another tier 1 for my new 509M

Using G19/23, I've only owned the Incog & Certum.

The Incog is too wide for my body and I didn't like it very much. I believe they used the Raven plastic clips IIRC.

The Certum is EXCELLENT as a tactical choice. It fits well, quality made, and just well engineered.

Maybe I'm just wimpy, but this statement did not apply to it for me.

"I need something that will be easy on / easy off."

The metal clips are VERY strong and will hold to belt very well during the draw. But fast on/off was not happening with this holster for me. The clips were too tight to allow for fast/easy on/off. Maybe others will disagree, have a different experience, or have a solution for this.

Otherwise, the holster was excellent. My friend took it off my hands after trying it on for a few minutes, I think it's still his EDC holster.

I've never tried a sidecar and felt it be comfy at all. Easier to carry a mag in a pocket, IWB single carrier, or OWB double for me.

I went down an AIWB rabbit hole yesterday. It centered around a Reddit r/CCW post about the PHLster Enigma Holster. I watched about an hour of their videos, mostly about how to get a good fit for AIWB based on body type, not necessarily with their holster. The lack of relying on a belt worn in the pants was intriguing. Certainly does seem to open up some options.

I tried AIWB in 2020 and it just printed so bad, I had to abandon it as option and went back to the Crossbreed Supertuck - but I think AIWB was about the most comfortable carry method I've experienced. Sometimes I think the G19 might just be too big for my frame to AIWB, but then I see Dino Boy do it and we're roughly the same body type.

With the current state of world affairs I have decided it is time again to conceal carry religiously. I have read through the following SH threads as well as some on the Glock forum.

I am 5' 10" about 210lbs. Medium Athletic build. There is a bit of a gut, but it is coming down.

I am looking for a G19 AIWB Kydex holster that conceals with a tucked in outer shirt. During the week I will wear this on my commute to and from work. I work in a locked/badged office, but I will put it in a desk holster. I will put it back on for any outings outside the office or to go home. In a given weekday I would say I’d wear it 1-2hrs total per day.

I need something that will be easy on / easy off.

This holster will pull double duty as an AIWB holster with untucked shirt on the weekends. Probably 3-4hrs total per day on the weekends.

I have been looking at the following options, in no particular order, but I am open to other suggestions. Or if you would highly recommend / not recommend one of the following:

1.) Tier 1 XIPHOS V2
    2.) G-Code Incog
    3.) Tenicor Sagax or Certum
    4.) T.REX Sidecar Holster with Raptor Wing
    5.) PHLster Pro Holster
    6.) Vedder Lighttuck
    I've had a Tenicor Velo 4, JM Custom Kydex 2.5, and Priority 1 AIWB before buying my first Xyphos. Now I have a Xyphos for every pistol I carry.

FWIW

I don't see how any of those two qualifiers would make one holster better than another that doesn't meet that criteria.

In fact I don't consider them to be relevant at all, and I'm a veteran living in a red state.

I don't see how any of those two qualifiers would make one holster better than another that doesn't meet that criteria.

In fact I don't consider them to be relevant at all, and I'm a veteran living in a red state.

You're going to have problems passing the @Milf Dots purity test.

Reactions: 308pirate

Just wait until @Milf Dots finds out that you bought a holster from a veteran-owned company that's run by someone who wears the wrong hat. The struggle sessions will continue until morale improves.

I'm currently running an AIWB holster from ANR Designs and like it, but the metal clips aren't "tuckable" and I'm not sure they offer such an option.

Just wait until @Milf Dots finds out that you bought a holster from a veteran-owned company that's run by someone who wears the wrong hat. The struggle sessions will continue until morale improves.

I'm currently running an AIWB holster from ANR Designs and like it, but the metal clips aren't "tuckable" and I'm not sure they offer such an option.
    Yeah, I have an ANR Design OWB w/ G-Code RTI hanger for my Centurion and love it, but they dont have as many features for IWB holsters as some of the competition. Cant adjustment, ride height, tuckable, etc.

Fuck your sister.
    I simply gave the OP an ethical method of narrowing his choices and never claimed it was objective.

Fuck your sister.
    I simply gave the OP an ethical method of narrowing his choices and never claimed it was objective.
    If you had simply stated your preferences and left it at that it'd be one thing. But you had to get on a high horse shitting on people who see your personal preferences as irrelevant.

So kindly fuck off. Nobody cares.

If you had simply stated your preferences and left it at that it'd be one thing. But you had to get on a high horse shitting on people who see your personal preferences as irrelevant.

So kindly fuck off. Nobody cares.
    Feel. Better.

I've owned and used most every AIWB holster out there, including a few on your list and way more than a few others...

Not tacticool but, hear me now, believe me later: if you really plan to carry AIWB "religiously", then you'll want to order a Remora to use pretty much anytime you don't need to be tucked in, and with almost anything you'd wear. They are like $30, practically free, especially considering that they'll enable you to carry comfortably almost no matter what.

As for with a tucked in outer shirt: they all suck about the same to varying degrees, with the Raven Eidolon probably being my favorite because Raven offers enough hardware to find a config that's maybe not as terrible as most.

JMHO, but the best tucked-in option is a S&W638 with an Apex kit in a pocket holster lol.

JMHO, but the best tucked-in option is a S&W638 with an Apex kit in a pocket holster lol.
    I don't personally agree but I'm curious about what makes that your optimal choice.

I don't personally agree but I'm curious about what makes that your optimal choice.

It’s just easy, and I seldom have to tuck in my shirt unless being paid to do so while wearing a proper load out.

5 shots with a nice trigger that one will actually bring everywhere is better than nothing.

I greatly prefer leather, so I’m no help on kydex holster recommendations. I just wanted to post to say: I’m glad to see another person getting back into carrying regularly.

What leather holster do you recommend?

I have had a lot through my hands and still have a few, but my most regularly used is this:

TT Gunleather with alligator. It’s the Slim IWB (https://www.ttgunleather.com/product-page/slim-iwb)
    I use it to carry my G27, but it’s built fir the G19/23/32
    7BAD5D5A-BE83-44AE-BCF5-FF404971C7BA.jpeg

I like it so much I just ordered another one, for my recently acquired SA Hellcat RDP. The RDP doesn’t have a lot of holster offerings, so he’s building one. He is going to make some minor adjustments, to make it fit better (it’s designed for 4-4:30 carry and I carry at 3:00). This one is going to have black alligator. It will look a lot like this:

88C7210E-2EA1-43F0-A3A4-A67C914C6B05.png

Except, alligator instead of shark and right handed and for the RDP.

I’ve also had some very nice Milt Sparks, Warbird Leather, Ritchie Gun Leather, and others. Some brands I am interested in, but don’t have first-hand experience with are Nightingale Leather and Privateer Leather.
    As I’ve used different holsters, I’ve decided I prefer when the belt loops are on one continuous piece, instead of attached to tabs. For this reason, I tend to go with TT over Milt Sparks, for the type that has the wider loops.

For appendix carry, Milt Sparks SSII is a great choice. Also, 5Shot, if you care to pay that much.

A dated picture. Several of these are now gone, a few new ones in their place.
    3E8A30FA-7C01-42F2-9E8D-3E03B2819C00.jpeg

I have a T-rex sidecar for my g19 and Tier 1 for my MR920.

I like both holsters but the tier 1 stays in the rotation longer because I shoot the 920 better for reasons unknown.

I went down an AIWB rabbit hole yesterday. It centered around a Reddit r/CCW post about the PHLster Enigma Holster. I watched about an hour of their videos, mostly about how to get a good fit for AIWB based on body type, not necessarily with their holster. The lack of relying on a belt worn in the pants was intriguing. Certainly does seem to open up some options.

I tried AIWB in 2020 and it just printed so bad, I had to abandon it as option and went back to the Crossbreed Supertuck - but I think AIWB was about the most comfortable carry method I've experienced. Sometimes I think the G19 might just be too big for my frame to AIWB, but then I see Dino Boy do it and we're roughly the same body type.
    The wife loves hers...

Reactions: SmolPP

The Enigma is fantastic.
    I got one for my wife and she loves it.
    I currently have a Philster Floodlight IWB, and would not hesitate to buy the Enigma rig and attach the Floodlight to it.

Reactions: impactaddict
    The Enigma is fantastic.
    I got one for my wife and she loves it.
    I currently have a Philster Floodlight IWB, and would not hesitate to buy the Enigma rig and attach the Floodlight to it.
    Good to know. I wish I could try one out for a week before buying. They do have a return policy but given the “intimate nature” of IWB - they require a return fee.

What are y’all carrying in the PHLs?

Reactions: SmolPP
    As someone who has gone through a lot of IWB holsters to get that perfect fit I have come to a few observations. Most KYDEX holsters will snugly hold your firearm especially if they have a system to adjust the snugness. Make sure that the one you choose totally encloses the trigger guard. Second, if you are planning to tuck your shirt in with an IWB holster I wish you good luck. I have found that the most important feature of ANY holster is it's ability to retain the firearm in the same position no matter how many times you have pulled up/adjusted your pants. I would look at holsters that offer adjustability features to raise/lower the firearm when holstered as well as a means to adjust the cant angle. Having two belt clips (not just one) helps to keep the holster in the same position relative to your belt. The current holster for my Glock pistol is a Crossbreed Reckoning. Not only does it offer full adjustability but the side facing your skin is smooth and comfortable leather, not KYDEX.

Good to know. I wish I could try one out for a week before buying. They do have a return policy but given the “intimate nature” of IWB - they require a return fee.

What are y’all carrying in the PHLs?
    I'm carrying a G19 with an RMR and my wife has a 365xl with a Sig dot on it.

Reactions: impactaddict
    Every asshole has an opinion, and here is mine:
    G19’s are to long/fat to conceal AIWB in a non permissive environment. I carried one for about a year in a crossbreed super tuck at the 3:30 position, and fought pressure sores and belt burn the entire time. It was simply to long for me to carry appendix and actually move (I have a Teir 1 Ageis slim) It’s just to heavy, and to thick. I’m 5’9” and 180. I switched to a 14+1 Sig P365X, and the shorter slide was a game changer for me.

Also, tucking in your shirt is a lost cause as far as I can tell. Get a micro pistol and an ankle holster or some such silliness if you have to tuck in your shirt.

Last edited: