• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns G19 base plate reccomendatiion.

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    Looking for +0 base plate recommendation for OEM and Magpul G19 mags.

So far considering Vickers and MOAB by Ghost, maybe the Magpul extension for theirs.

Looking for a slight extension and slight weight increase over factory for Training/Carry use. Not using a mag well mod.

TIA

I agree on the TTI plates. Great quality and added weight. To be fair though, they are the only ones I’ve used.

Not sure if they make standards and use some Hennig +5 plates.

Been very happy with how they perform.

Why?
    More looking to learn/understand, not to argue.
    I just run stock gen 3-5 mags for basic stuff and work well for well past 10k rds on my carry gun. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Terry Cross

Why?
    I just run stock gen 3-5 mags for basic stuff and work well for well past 10k rds on my carry gun. 🤷‍♂️
    I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but for me I like the added weight. Allows the mags to drop easily when performing a mag change. Sometimes with stock mags they don’t drop free. Especially in dirty/dusty environment. The additional capacity is the main reason for me though.

Reactions: powdahound76
    I run +5 for capacity on my spares, that I get, but wondered about the +0 plates?
    some added weight for drop makes sense.

Havent had issues?
    And for sure run mine dirty and dusty (not like a deployment cause Im not in a desert, but CO wind and dirt blowing).
    and the usual old fat guy lint and stuff, Cheetos dust, etc

Reactions: JLandis
    I have had some stock mags hang up before. Honestly don’t remember the cause, assuming dirt and grit. Running training classes with mags that have hit the ground multiple times a day is my best guess. Full transparency though, my +0 plates were purchased for the sole reason of matching my +5 plates. Just my preference. Extra weight is just a potential added benefit.

There’s is something to be said for performing a drill when a mag that doesn’t drop free as well. Good practice.

Reactions: Halfnutz

Why?

Why? Im mostly looking for a slight extension to aid in seating and performing a tug and to better grasp for removal if one is hanging up. A touch more weight should help with dropping free in the cases that require it.
    Something to quickly identify mags as mine and for numbering is a bonus.
    With the trainers/classes I've been attending, most everyone is using "Tactical Tupperware".

I have ordered the Ghost plates to try. Price was about $15 for 4 of them and they make ones that fit both Glock and Magpul G19 mags.

Most ‘ergonomic’ for what you’re wanting are the Vickers base pads. I’ve also been running the Forward Controls Design base pads for a while and they’ve been great, no failures to date with either base pad.

Reactions: Halfnutz
    Unfortunately, I don't know of any +0 metal baseplates.

I shoot a lot of IDPA and USPSA with my G34.4 and G17.5. I've never had a problem with stock OEM magazines dropping too slow or hanging up. It could be that the larger mag release button on the Gen 4 and later helps me positively get a good press on the button for 100% drop reliability.

I can see where people with smaller hands might have an issue getting a good press on the Gen 3 and earlier magazine release buttons. I know I had some slow / no-drops at times with Gen 3 pistols because of this.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Unfortunately, I don't know of any +0 metal baseplates.

I shoot a lot of IDPA and USPSA with my G34.4 and G17.5. I've never had a problem with stock OEM magazines dropping too slow or hanging up. It could be that the larger mag release button on the Gen 4 and later helps me positively get a good press on the button for 100% drop reliability.

I can see where people with smaller hands might have an issue getting a good press on the Gen 3 and earlier magazine release buttons. I know I had some slow / no-drops at times with Gen 3 pistols because of this.
    The forward controls design ones are

Reactions: gigamortis
    Looking for +0 base plate recommendation for OEM and Magpul G19 mags.

So far considering Vickers and MOAB by Ghost, maybe the Magpul extension for theirs.

Looking for a slight extension and slight weight increase over factory for Training/Carry use. Not using a mag well mod.

TIA
    Why?

Do you have a problem with the OEM mags not falling free?

It rarely has happened where they needed a flick of the wrist to get them out hastily.
    Murphy rears his head when the timer is running.
    Keep the pistol vertical when you press the mag release. Problem solved.

could you just run g17 mags, a little heavier and more real estate to grab? personally never had an issue with glock mags but did have a few issues with magpul. if you really want to supersize, had great results with the arredondo +5's but sounds like you want to keep them low profile.

could you just run g17 mags, a little heavier and more real estate to grab? personally never had an issue with glock mags but did have a few issues with magpul. if you really want to supersize, had great results with the arredondo +5's but sounds like you want to keep them low profile.
    I CC my G19, so the 17rd is not conducive to that.
    I also live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois (for now) and our recent legislative change prohibits anything over 15 rds. But that is irrelevant for my purpose.

I'm not doing IPSC or whatever type competitions. Practical defensive courses do pit attendees against the clock, and friendly competition.

@308pirate, no problems when its vertical. One upcoming course is fighting from compromised positions, vertical may be a luxury.
    From the course syllabus:
    • Engaging threats from the supine position and fighting back to standing from the supine position.
    • Engaging threats while laying on the strong side.
    • Engaging threats while laying on the support side.
    • Engaging threats from the prone position and fighting back to standing from the prone position.
    • Engaging threats with handgun inverted and laying on back.
    • Recovering from prone and supine positions to standing.
    • Engaging threats front, left and right while seated in a vehicle.
    • Engaging threats from the seated position on the ground and fighting back to standing from the sitting position.

My hands are large but not huge, a little extra may be of benefit seating "under duress".
    I practice enough to say I'm not looking for a crutch, I'm looking for an edge.

Not trying to give you 'crap' OP by any means but is it fair to say you're primarily looking for something in your carry gun that has a slightly heavier/longer baseplate on the magazine and that you're not trying to combat perceived 'ergonomics' issues?

-LD

Not trying to give you 'crap' OP by any means but is it fair to say you're primarily looking for something in your carry gun that has a slightly heavier/longer baseplate on the magazine and that you're not trying to combat perceived 'ergonomics' issues?

-LD
    Yes, for the most part.
    It's my carry as well as trainer. As I said it gets used in classes, there and in some practice its on a "duty" belt.

Reactions: JLandis