• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G22 Kydex Holster, light-bearing

WATERWALKER

0311 SHELLBACK
Minuteman
  • Apr 19, 2014
    Deep in the Lone Star
    So, I'm looking for a new EDC holster for my carry gun, which is a Gen 4 Glock 22. For the last few years I've been carrying around a holster one of my buddy's made for me, but I broke a belt loop & it's time for an upgrade. I've got an extra TLR-1S not in use so I'm going to mount it. My old holster doesn't allow me to carry a light on this pistol. It has to be an OWB as I'm not into IWB or appendix carry at all.

Last edited:
    The JM Custom holsters look like a quality item. Anyone deal w/ Alpha Concealment, Squared Away Customs, Black Point Tactical, etc? I’m looking for feedback gents. I plan to use this holster for quite a while so I’m looking for input. Thoughts?

Blackpoint tactical is also gtg, and great guys working there.

Holsters are so personal that it is very difficult to say anything intelligent other than quality level.

I'm short, (5'6") so the JM stuff (especially the model that looks like a Nelson #1) works best for me. The Blackpoint tactical rides just a little higher than I prefer, but is still quite usable for me, just not ideal.

20170919_210212.jpg
    Done a little business with Blackpoint over the last few years. That G35 is in a holster that was technically made for a mid size and the G43 is in a knockoff iwb cuz I couldn't find a Blackpoint rig on the shelf and I needed a holster to qual with that day. I love their stuff, if you can't tell. Tyler and Harvey are great guys. And even with their Sig contract, one of the two of them still lay hands on every unit that rolls out the door, just for QC. They're local to me (Ga) and have big love for Mil and LE. And if you come up with a combo or item that they don't have a prompt for, just hit them up and they'll put it together for you.

Also, keep an eye on Tenicor. He's a buddy of mine as well, and does really high end stuff at reasonable prices. I don't think he has his light bearing holster ready to go yet, but I assure you, he's doing good stuff in the industry, on a level most others never will.

Gents, after much thought I'm going to order the Blackpoint "LeatherWing" holster. The hardest part will be picking the colors. This particular holster looks to be very comfortable. This was a much harder decision than I thought it was going to be, so I really appreciate your suggestions.