• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cegorach

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
Juneau, AK
After several months on order, my gen 4 Glock 35 finally showed up at my dealer. After a few weeks of it sitting around the house, I finally found the time and ammunition to go shooting. I chose a G35 because .40 ammunition has been relatively easier to find compared to 9mm here. Also, while I love my 9mm 1911, I just wanted to try something different.

250 rounds later I was left with a few first impressions and comments.

I very much like the ergonomics.
I am not a big fan of the trigger.
.40, at least out of this gun, is very pleasant to shoot.
So far it is dead reliable with a variety of ammunition.
I need to start reloading pistol ammunition.

If anyone has advice on how to get a nicer trigger without sacrificing reliability I would love to hear it. My groups are significantly poorer with the Glock, but I attribute that mainly to its heavy, creepy trigger.

Any of the 3.5 lb trigger connectors out there will decrease the pull weight. Ghost, Lone Wolf, and I'm sure there are others that are worthwhile. I've put them in all my Glocks over the past 5 years with zero issues. The lighter connectors will tend to take out the crispness in the break, which I like. Makes it more of a smooth straight-through pull. Similar to a Kahr trigger if you've ever shot one, but not quite that smooth and shorter in travel.

Glock triggers will never feel like a 1911, but they can be improved upon cheaply.

You can search youtube also for "Glock 5 cent trigger job". Polishing the trigger components can improve the trigger feel without laying out any money.