• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G43 AC-44 Rifle

comar4

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2009
Orange Co. NY
Hello All.
Glad to see this addition to the forum. I have a little addiction to collecting WW2 weapons
crazy.gif
Here are some photos of my WW2 German G43 rifle produced gy Waffenfabrik Walther in early 1944. The rifle is all matching and original. The wood is unsanded and serialed to rifle. The reciever as can be seen in the pics is called a "milled side panel". This type of reciever with the "G43" designation is listed as "very scarce" in Darrin Weavers book "Hitlers Garands".
The scope and mount are early original examples and are serial numbered matching to each other. Unfortunatly the scope and mount do not match the rifle.
frown.gif
The scope dust covers and rubber eye cup are original and came with the scope and mount when I got it.
The rifle fires the standard 8mm rounds and the magazine holds 10 rounds. The sling is original WW2 German and came on the rifle when I purchased it.
This is my only WW2 scoped rifle,these scopes and mounts run pretty steep. I have other makers of G/K43's but this is the only scoped one. I do collect original 98k's also but no sniper examples in the bunch.
Hope you enjoy the pics.
-Mike
AC44g43002.jpg

AC44g43003.jpg

AC44g43004.jpg

AC44g43005.jpg

AC44g43006.jpg

AC44g43007.jpg

AC44g43009.jpg

AC44g43010.jpg

AC44g43011.jpg

AC44g43015.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

Re: G43 AC-44 Rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!

I used to have a couple of them myself.
Fun to shoot.

</div></div>
Thank You! I have 5 of them in my safe. They all have fired their last shots sometime in 1944 or 45. I was thinking about getting the spring kit for one of them and giving it a workout again but just havent done it yet. Breaking a serialed numbered part keeps slowing me down. A freind of mine has a mis-matched one and sometimes uses it for deer hunting
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do i have to chime in and tell them how your afraid to shoot any of them cause you think your going to ruin them
laugh.gif
</div></div>

HAHAHA...Very funny magoo
laugh.gif
. One day I will shoot one just to shut you up...
grin.gif

Neat rifle. Also once again demonstrates how there is 'nothing new under the sun.' Like the SVD, the squad support/designated marksman/SASS concept is not new...and we played catch up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neat rifle. Also once again demonstrates how there is 'nothing new under the sun.' Like the SVD, the squad support/designated marksman/SASS concept is not new...and we played catch up. </div></div>
Absolutley a correct statement. This rifle and scope combo was the Germans version of a designated marksman rifle as you stated. More so then a true snipers rifle, which were 98k's. Alot of technology developed back then is still in use or being copied to this day.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, they are really appreciated.
smile.gif

Fritz,...Maybe one day I will actually fire one of these rifles in Orange county..LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the nice comments guys, they are really appreciated.
smile.gif

Fritz,...Maybe one day I will actually fire one of these rifles in Orange county..LOL </div></div>

Yeah OK you won't fire one in ANY County...I know you your like Felix Unger with a gun
laugh.gif

Hey Joe, Your like a comedian...
laugh.gif
....Now I got to shoot it just to prove you wrong
smirk.gif
.....or maybe not
cool.gif